Featured Posts
GoddessMom2B
Just Curious....
July 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM

At what age did you get married?

What age do you consider too young to be married or to even consider marriage? 

& How did you know that your S/O was the one?

Personally, I'm engaged at 21 and I can't speak on what age is "too young". It varies from person to person and everything is not for everybody. Some people wait until their late 30's to even consider settling down while others marry young. 18 I think is the youngest I would ever consider marriage. It's also true that times are changing. In younger generations, many more people married young and that was socially acceptable.

I knew my SO was the one when after a particular incident (that would just end up being way too long to type and way too complicated so I'll keep it short) , he sat down and said that he accepts me for all of my faults, and all the bad things I had done in my life, and for hurting him prior to , and that none of that mattered anymore, because he would be there every step of the way. That for me was HUGE for him because he's not open with his feelings AT ALL and it meant a lot to me. 

Replies

• bigmama423
    Liz
    July 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I was 20, my husband was 21.

Everyone's situation is different and people mature differently, so I do not know what I would consider too young...

We didn't really put too much thought into marriage, we just kinda did it...so he may not be the "one"!! ;)

• newwifenmom
    July 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM

17/18 i pretty young

It just felt right

• PurpleHazey
    July 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Long story but I think I was 45, we have been together sense I was young.

• sjump25
    by sjump25
    July 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I married at 26, but we already had a 2 year old.  For ME any younger would have been too young.  26 is when I was ready.  IMO an 18 year old has way too much living and growing up to do to get married, but it's not my place to say.  For my kids.. I would want to them to wait till at least thier late 20's.  I just want them to live their life for themselves when they are so young.  

• amonkeymom
    Amy
    July 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I was 24 when I married my ex.  I was 39 when we separated and 40 when the divorce was final.

I think everyone's situation is different. My brother married the summer after I did and they were high school sweethearts.  They are still very happily married.

• RighteousLove
    July 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM

i was going on 20 when I got married, and he was 21. it's basically how you put it. it's different for everyone. if you feel ready and you've known that person (and the person is worthy of having you) then i don't see any problem with marrying a little young. my husband and i had a long battle, and we have many more along the way. but he's there for me, all the time. anyone can say they love you. but if they show it, then they're bound to be a keeper. in general do it if it feels right.

• Dibsy
    by Dibsy
    July 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    We got married when I had just turned 24 and he had just turned 20. I think if you're so young that you require a parents consent to get married, you're too young.

I knew my husband was the one very early in the relationship. It was just a feeling I had that I can't and haven't ever replicated with anyone else. We understood each other on a level other people just couldn't get. He just makes my heart happy, despite the fights we occasionally have, we always come back together and talk it out and say our sorrys. It's just right, like we just fit. Like we were made to be together.
  • Kmakksmom
    August 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I got married when I was 19.  My husband was 27.  We have been married for 15 years now.  I don't know how I knew he was "THE ONE", I just knew.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts