The Lounge

Featured Posts
kysmama08
Started out Amazing & ended unexpectedly and in heartbreak
April 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

So first off I want to start by saying I am NOT a cat person but back in November I had a little visitor from the neighborhood and she was an absolute sweetheart. So I told my fiance I wanted a kitty. That day I got on the internet to some local sites and there just happened to be an ad posted that day for free kittens that were 8 weeks old. I had to have one, and it just so happened the lady had 1 left and she was just what I was looking for. We met her that night and I got the kitty I had to have. Over the past few months I grew to love this cat as if it were a child lol she had such a sweet personality and was perfect. Never once crossed my mind I'd have a cat, let alone a cat that I grew to love so much. Well last Thursday we woke up to get ready for work and noticed she had thrown up during the night, didn't think much of it. Came home from work around 5:30pm that evening and she hadn't eaten or drank anything all day and didn't go # 2, I figured she was just constipated. Well Friday I called the vet and they could not get me in until Monday at 9:30am. Got home from work Friday night same thing. Saturday we worked until 12 and I had found a 24 hour emergency vert hsopital about 40 miles away from where we live, I knew if she wasn't better when we got home I was going, no matter what the cost. Walked in the door and my poor girl was basically paralyzed and just all around had a bad stench to her. I sat in the backseat with her the whole way down as she looked at me and just meowed with such a sickly voice. Got to the vet hospital they took her vitals and she was stable so we waited to be seen. About 45 mins later the doctor came in and told us her heart rate dropped massively and then gave us the bad news...our 8 month old Lexi had only 1 kidney that was the size of an orange and stopped working. There was nothing they could really do because of her age and how bad she was already and they told us she ultimately need to be put down. Saturday was the hardest day...we had her euthanized there as we held her in our arms and balled our eyes out. We also had to tell our 5 year old daughter that kitty went to heaven and is now an angel. We buried her at my fiance's moms house with his other animals. My fiance has been so sweet about this, he bought me a rose and sympathy card even. I'm 4.5 months pregnant so I'm even more emotional than what I normally would be. It's just been rough, I try not to let it bother me but man when I get home it just hits again. Anyways, I just wanted to share my story and just remind everyone that even if it is just an animal they're still part of your family and still have so much love for you. I will always love that little creature and miss her terribly.

Replies

• calimom1123
    April 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    Aww so sorry.. Hugs..
  • Kris_PBG
    April 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    I'm so sorry! That is so sad!!!
  • holmes212
    April 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    sorry for your loss.. she looks just like my kitty but my kittys over about 2 yrs old and a fat girl lol.
  • calsmom62
    April 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    what a sweet kitty. so sorry for your loss but she is an angel kitty now .....
  • sjump25
    by sjump25
    April 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm sorry :(

• tibby73
    by tibby73
    April 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a cat tht lived to be 23 years old. I had to put him down for kidney failure. It was so heat breaking for me. They do become like family or kids. The right pet with the right person and a bond forms that just can't be broken. Prayers for you as you mourn the loss of your dear pet.

• taniamorse85
    April 17, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  She was a beautiful little girl.

• CrossStitchMum
    April 17, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Aww {{hugs}}

• sweetheart4171
    April 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM

awww, so sorry...this made me cry!!  What a beautiful kitty she is....best wishes to your family

• hayliedlr
    April 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I'm sorry for your loss

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts