Thelmama
Gave her a glimpse........LOL LOL LOL
March 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Okay so my mother in law called yesterday and said "I haven't talked to y'all in days. Are y'all okay. 

Well I spoke to her on Saturday and attempted to call on Sunday but did not leave a message. I told her, sorry, it is just been nuts around her.  She knew my son had the tummy bug and I told her he is better and the girls are fine but that Mondays are nuts around here. Homework ,chores etc etc. She said okay, just like to hear from you or I worry. Mind you, it had been only a couple of days, 3 at the most.

So I called her this morning in the midst of our day off from school due to teacher work day. I talked a few minutes, then noticed someone left the milk out. So I said "hang on a minute", pulled the phone from my ear and called their full names to get up here and put this milk away.  Then went back to talking to her. Then two of them were arguing, so I said "hold on a minute", pulled the phone away and corrected them..........and so on. She laughed, but you know..........she was so ready to go and said "Okay I hear you are busy, so I will let you go". LOL LOL........now maybe just maybe she gets why I do NOT always call her EVERY day. LOL LOL LOL

Worked like a charm.  

Replies

• hayliedlr
    March 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Sometimes it is good to have people call or stop by at that moment.  I love it though lol

• paganbaby
    March 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Nice! lol

• Kris_PBG
    March 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    Well played! :)
  • Kmakksmom
    March 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    ha! Awesome. :)
  • Thelmama
    March 20, 2013 at 6:06 AM

LOL..........thanks.  I love the in laws to pieces but she can be it like the Mom on Everybody loves Raymond and YES, she is Italian.  LOL LOL LOL

• RUSureUKnowMe
    March 20, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    She sounds like my father. He calls me every single day at least 3 times. God fobid I don't answer at least once he freaks out the next day. Crazy thing is we were never close still arnt I just think he's lonely since my mom passed away. So I feel guilty but at the same time he annoys the shit out of me
  • Thelmama
    March 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I hear ya. They are so good to us but I don't like to have to "report" in every day.  I am glad we have them, but I honestly am not ignoring them if I don't call.  It is a hard balance to find.

Quoting RUSureUKnowMe:

She sounds like my father. He calls me every single day at least 3 times. God fobid I don't answer at least once he freaks out the next day. Crazy thing is we were never close still arnt I just think he's lonely since my mom passed away. So I feel guilty but at the same time he annoys the shit out of me

• sjump25
    by sjump25
    March 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM

lol!  My cousin called me yesterday to "just chat".  After about 5 min she was like "Ok.  I see your busy.  You can call me later" lol.  

• Caitlin10081989
    March 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

That was good that she got a glimpse of your daily life and hopefully in the future she will not worry about you in the future if you do not call for a couple of days. 

• CharlotteRose
    March 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Great job momma!!!