Featured Posts
calsmom62
whats on your walls
March 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
My dh loves bric a brac, family photos on the walls, kids diplomas, citations, all framed and displayed. Souvenirs of where we have been. Curio shelves filled with various trinkets from trips around the world and around the block. . In my perfect world there would be uncluttered walls, with a minimum of stuff on them. I'm losing this battle. I pack up a small box of things occasionally and stick it in th e the attic, he either brings them out or he gets something new to display. He Is more sentimental than I am, because to me memories are in my head not attached to things ... I spent an hour just dusting little things this wknd. What do you prefer? Lots of display items or a more Spartan look?

Replies

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    March 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    we have picks every place.. we have my stuff ,kids stuff,mom,dad,stuff ,grandparents stuff ..so it lot stuff..i call it crap..
  • calsmom62
    March 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    Even my kids want the pics down lol.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

we have picks every place.. we have my stuff ,kids stuff,mom,dad,stuff ,grandparents stuff ..so it lot stuff..i call it crap..

• AliKatAK47
    March 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    Nothing really. Just graduation photos.
  • rhiannonaisling
    March 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Stuff everywhere. I am not happy unless there is a lot of stuff on the walls and around the place...luckily my dh likes clutter just as much.

• ashleighmama
    March 19, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    This, except my hubby doesnt care for the clutter lol.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Stuff everywhere. I am not happy unless there is a lot of stuff on the walls and around the place...luckily my dh likes clutter just as much.

• Lindalou907
    March 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM

I'm all about low maintenance!

• Lindalou907
    March 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM

I'm a cleaning lady, I can't help it, everything I look at I evaluate the time spent taking care of it!

• sjump25
    by sjump25
    March 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I like pictures on the walls.  Not too cluttered.  Right now our walls are basically bare with the exception of a couple of pictures because we are trying to sell the house. 

• SoKamele
    March 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I don't like alot of wall art.

I have selective pictures hanging in the living room...and kitchen.

The office.......is covered with family photos.

None in the bedrooms.

• momamanda
    March 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I do not like a ton of stuff. I do have one cabinet in my living room with pictures and figurines inside of it but they hardly ever have to be dusted because they are in the cabinet and does not get touched by dust. Then on my walls I have a picture of each child and 2-3 other pictures around. I would prefer more on the walls but my dh does not like it. He is a little OCD and can't handle it when there is to much! My mom has figurines, pictures, and do-dads ALL OVER HER HOUSE lol. Litterally every every wall through her kitchen, living, dining ,hall and all 3 bedrooms even the bathroom has pictures. Mostly of family and her 10 grandchildren . Then she has 3 shelves and a fireplace mantle full of pictures and 3 different shelves in her bedroom full of pictures and things too! lol I know all this because I clean her house for her every 2 weeks. (She works full time and is battling a Life altering disease right now so my sister and I try to help where we can) Dusting all that is NOT fun so I know I would not want it. I don't blame it for bothering you. I am very sentimental like youd dh and always want to keep everything. but i store it in memory bins.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts