The Lounge

Featured Posts
paganbaby
Paying a babysitter in Food Stamps?
March 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I watch my niece every other weekend or so and I get paid 20$. Well recently my SIL said money has been tight and she wants to know if she can buy me 20$ in food instead with her FS. I usually spend the money on snacks for her dd and the kids anyway.

I'm kinda up in the air about it. On one hand I want to; It will help her out and I will be feeding her dd with it but on the other hand I don't want to commit fraud either...

What do you think?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 36% - I don't see a problem with it as long as her dd benifits from the food bought.
  2. 63% - No. Foodstamps are for her family only. Not to pay a babysitter with.

Replies

• maecntpntz219
    March 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

If you're using the foodstamps to buy food for her daughter, why can't she use her own foodstamps to buy food for her daughter and give it to you to feed her while she's in your care?

• paganbaby
    March 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Well the food wouldn't strictly be for her daughter, but for all the kids in comp for me watching her for the weekend.

Quoting maecntpntz219:

If you're using the foodstamps to buy food for her daughter, why can't she use her own foodstamps to buy food for her daughter and give it to you to feed her while she's in your care?

• maecntpntz219
    March 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Then no, it's wrong, and yes, it's fraud. You could also get into legal trouble if caught.

• paganbaby
    March 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Oh :-(

But just out of curiosity. How would we get caught? She would be bringing over food to my house when her dd spends the night. I wouldn't be using the card myself.

Quoting maecntpntz219:

Then no, it's wrong, and yes, it's fraud. You could also get into legal trouble if caught.

• maecntpntz219
    March 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Well, you just posted it on a public forum. Who knows who would find out :)

• paganbaby
    March 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Ha! Well then, it would have to be someone who knows me in real life and my sil. Then they'd have to prove it.

Good argument though ;-)

Quoting maecntpntz219:

Well, you just posted it on a public forum. Who knows who would find out :)

• Derpy
    by Derpy
    March 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

You know CM team do see every post made,all that has to be done is someone reports the boards,it will track your email which tracks the IP address straight to your computer.

Still think you cant get caught?

• paganbaby
    March 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Poll say's 50/50 but no one else wants to chime in?

• paganbaby
    March 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I seriously doubt the CM team will track me down using my IP address and turn me into the authorities because I asked for opinions about my sil buying food for when her dd spends the night.

Quoting Derpy:

You know CM team do see every post made,all that has to be done is someone reports the boards,it will track your email which tracks the IP address straight to your computer.

• Derpy
    by Derpy
    March 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM

You were saying "How were you going to get caught",I was just telling you about one way.
    Never underestimate on what people would/could do. 

Quoting paganbaby:

I seriously doubt the CM team will track me down using my IP address and turn me into the authorities because I asked for opinions about my sil buying food for when her dd spends the night.

Quoting Derpy:

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN