Featured Posts
sexy_lil_momma
Don't know what to do
March 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
So my sister and her hubby just had a baby girl February first and my sister didnt want kids but ended up pregnant anyway. She doesn't talk to her baby and hardly holds it she only carries her around in a little bassinet. They let their daughter cry so much to the point of where she is screaming at the top of her lungs. The thing I'm worried about is her husband threw her up in the air playing with her and she is only a month old I'm scared he is going to hurt her head or worse yet cause permanent head damage

Replies

• The_Doodle
    March 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM

If my sister acted like that, I would straight up tell her how I felt.

• ZakkarysMom
    March 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Could she have postpartum depression? Have you talked with them about your concerns?
  • Mom2wife1
    March 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM

You should talk to her about your concerns at least for the sake of the baby. She might be postpartum but you have every right to express your concern for the baby. 

• sexy_lil_momma
    March 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    Me and my sister don't get along never have. And they have already said they don't want any of us to have anything to do with he baby. I've held her a few times that's about it. But my sister never wanted kids and both my mom and I have depression and bipolar disorder
  • hayliedlr
    March 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I would try to talk to her about your concerns.

• sabrtooth1
    March 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    Call DCFS.
  • sjump25
    by sjump25
    March 5, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Yikes.  That sounds like a terrible situation.

• Matthea
    by Matthea
    March 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    Oh my god, you need to get her some help NOW, whether she realises she needs it or not. For the sake of your niece, please PLEASE urge her to see someone (and maybe find a baby info class or mom's group she could join?).. if they both refuse any kind of help or advice then you need to let her know you will call the authorities, as their hurt feelings would not take priority over your niece's well-being or even life. It is a terrible situation, but you need to think about the most vulnerable person here (their baby daughter) and do what's best for her - the adults (should be) able to take care of themselves. Best of luck, and I really hope she/they 'take it the right way', and understand (at least eventually) that you had to do what was best for their daughter.
  • brandydesiree
    March 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    This

Quoting Matthea:

Oh my god, you need to get her some help NOW, whether she realises she needs it or not. For the sake of your niece, please PLEASE urge her to see someone (and maybe find a baby info class or mom's group she could join?).. if they both refuse any kind of help or advice then you need to let her know you will call the authorities, as their hurt feelings would not take priority over your niece's well-being or even life.

It is a terrible situation, but you need to think about the most vulnerable person here (their baby daughter) and do what's best for her - the adults (should be) able to take care of themselves.

Best of luck, and I really hope she/they 'take it the right way', and understand (at least eventually) that you had to do what was best for their daughter.

• The_Doodle
    March 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I'd still be honest and tell her. Look at it this way...if you guys already don't get along, you won't have to worry about hurting her feelings ;)

Quoting sexy_lil_momma:

Me and my sister don't get along never have. And they have already said they don't want any of us to have anything to do with he baby. I've held her a few times that's about it. But my sister never wanted kids and both my mom and I have depression and bipolar disorder

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts