Featured Posts
momma1225
Mother of 3 beautiful children...6yrs,2yrs and 4 months...Think I may be prego again?
January 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM

ok so... I had a baby four months ago.. I just stopped bleeding two months ago due to the placenta being left in and I passed it myself... after finishing bleeding i asked my doctor for and iud to be put in and she said i could not have one put in until after i had my colpscopy done... she would also not give me any birth control as i clot when one it... My colpscopy is not until april this year. i have been very careful avoiding sex all together and well acouple weeks ago one thing led to another and the condom broke... My period was expected for the 25 of jan and still has yet to arrive.. i know i am not done having kids as i do want a big family but not now i was hoping like atleast 2 to 4 yrs from now... has anyone gotten pregnant so close together and is it safe..? im just really nervous i know i need to take a test but guess im just scared of the out come..

Thanks for reading... and info would be great!

Replies

• salleeturner
    February 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Two of my children were born 11 months apart.  They are both now grown and healthy.  Every case, however, is different.  Do you think your anxiety regarding the broken condom may be delaying your period? Talk to your Dr. about the risks.  She is the best judge of that because she has your medical records and knows your history.  Good luck.

• lostosbourne
    February 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My mom was pregnant with my brother at her 6 week check up with my sister. David was tiny but ok. We call them our Irish twins.

• somemore83
    February 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    I would take a test to be sure but it's likely you are not and your cycle has not returned to normal. My baby is seven months and my cycles are slowly returning normal. The last three months it was a day late then two days late then a week early.
  • handy0318
    February 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Leaving a retained placenta in is a significant health risk...one wonders why any doctor would do so.  If your doctor went over the details of the risks of leaving the placenta in and why, in your case, the benefits somehow outweighed the risks, then OK... but you may think about consulting a different doctor and getting a second opinion on your condition.  

I would also encourage you to undergo some tests to make sure that all the placenta is truly gone. Seriously, I can't fathom why any competent doctor would send someone with a retained placenta home and allow her to bleed for 2 months... 

• Bonneata
    February 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    It's a risk considering the body needs almost a year to recover. I would recommend getting a second opinion leaving the placenta in sounds like a bad idea. Why couldnt she put an I'd in before a colposcopy they biopsy the cervix not the inside of the uterus where the iud actually would be put. This doc. Makes me nervous and I feel is risking your health.
  • Jodi136525
    February 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

She said colposcopy.  It's a procedure that may involve a cervical biopsy.  done to follow up on abnormal cervical cells. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

Honey they drs don't leave the placenta in. Period.

And it's a colonoscopy.. Why are you having one? An IUD wouldn't effect that at all.
    Go take a pregnancy test and find out.

• marchantmom06
    February 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    She miss spelled it, I corrected that!

Quoting Jodi136525:

She said colposcopy.  It's a procedure that may involve a cervical biopsy.  done to follow up on abnormal cervical cells. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

Honey they drs don't leave the placenta in. Period.

And it's a colonoscopy.. Why are you having one? An IUD wouldn't effect that at all.
    Go take a pregnancy test and find out.

• LLbaby143
    February 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM

R u breastfeeding?

• Kris_PBG
    February 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I think it is time to test!  :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts