lilys_mommy2009
So hurt and over it (vent)
January 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Sorry ladies but I need to vent. I am so hurt and over how I get treated differently than my sisters. One is older and the other younger and they get everything handed to them in life while I have to struggle for everything I have and have achieved. It has been this way as long as I can remember and I just can't take it anymore. They expect everything to be given to them and when I or my brother need help they are the first to complain that it is unfair. I have had to struggle through school and paying my bills while my sisters have money handed to them (one owes over $6,000 to my parents and the other over 2,000). I am renting my older sisters house and since we can't get a loan due to our credit we have to be out after February since she is selling it so she can buy another. My parents are now talking about buying it to help her out and give it to my younger sister so that it will help them out. What about me? There have been plenty of times I couldn't afford all my bills and they never discussed that option for me. I don't want handouts or want to come off as why don't they treat me this way it just annoys me that they talk about my sisters needing to grow up but I have to move and find a new place with all it's hassles while they buy my sister a house. The same house I just had to move out of. I just feel that it is unfair and it hurts because my parents give my sisters everything so they don't understand responsibilities but I have a daughter and have to suffer through my hard times. Sorry for such a long vent but I need to get it off my chest. I have tried to let my mother know how I feel but everytime I do she gets upset and I getade to feel like a horrible person.

Replies

• paganbaby
    January 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Bump for later

• Kris_PBG
    January 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I'm sorry....  :(

• bigmama423
    Liz
    January 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    I'm sorry that really sucks. My mom's the same with my 2 younger half siblings. They get anything and everything they want...I never did.
  • calsmom62
    January 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    Sorry. Unfortunately, you can't pick your relatives.
  • eoewan
    by eoewan
    January 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Maybe your parents don't give you hand outs because they know you are self sufficient. Or, you don't complain loud enough. However, with your sisters they will never stand on their own two feet. You, on the other hand, are resourceful. In the long run, you will come out ahead. Sooner or later your parents will stop "helping" your sisters and they won't know what to do. You are learning a valuable lesson and will always survive.

• 1wildchild
    January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM

It sounds like you are the most responsible out of your sisters and maybe that's why your parents don't offer to help you as often. They are only enabling your sisters by 'helping' all the time, when really they are just going along with both of them continuing to be irresponsible. I know it's hard, DH and I have been there (are there) but you'll only come out stronger having done it on your own without all of the help while they'll still be suffering and never get ahead by just expecting the help to be handed to them.