Jebekarue
How do you get a flat top stove clean after
January 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Your brilliant husband sets a plastic bowl on the eye not realizing it was still hot???  I wiped it as best I could while it was still hot so it smeared in places, i tried scraping it off with a butter knife, but I can't get it all off HELP!!!

Replies

• luvmybug
    January 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

i have NO clue...BUMP!

• anotherandree
    January 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Yikes!  I might try the butter knife (or a razor blade) after it is completely cool and hardened.  Kinda like scraping something off of your car windshield?

• TexasMami409
    January 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    Ahhhhhh I wish I knew. Mine has all kinds of spots I cant get off. :(
  • madwifa
    by madwifa
    January 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM

and this is why I don't have one. I would be the dumb ass who put something on it.

Have you tried to put it on low heat and scrape / wipe it like that the heat will help the plastic to be more pliable and less likely to scratch.

• marchantmom06
    January 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    Get a straight razor and turn the stove on low heat and then scrape quickly.
  • calsmom62
    January 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    Warm the area and use a razor blade. That's the advice from my stove mfr. There is a special scraper you can buy, its basically the same thing you use to scrape paint from a window. A razor blade in a special holder.
  • calsmom62
    January 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Ha ha. First week I had mine I spilled a bit of water on the surface, used the towel in my hand to quickly wipe it up and the towel melted. Microfiber. That's how I learned about the razor blade

Quoting madwifa:

and this is why I don't have one. I would be the dumb ass who put something on it.

Have you tried to put it on low heat and scrape / wipe it like that the heat will help the plastic to be more pliable and less likely to scratch.

• PurpleHazey
    January 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I don't know! try gumout it works on a lot!

• TexasMami409
    January 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    I dont know why the makers of these stoves didnt realize that we would *gasp* spill water on the burner. Grrrr
  • mommy2angels427
    January 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM

no clue... good luck momma.... I have difficulty cleaning up some spills... hugs/