The Lounge

Featured Posts
Banville108
Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!
January 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

Replies

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    January 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    That would make me really mad and sad. Have you talked to him about it?
  • Banville108
    January 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yes and it only leads to a fight and then he says I resent his kid. I treat his daughter just like mine when she is over. I do the same for both of them. I even threw her a giant birthday party and took her to build a bear by her self as a special day for her and I while my daughter was at her fathers. 

• punchnpie
    January 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    Do you both have kids togather?? If not I don't know. Red flags went in all different directions the second I read he give her dirty looks. Doesn't sound like he likes her. He would find his way to the door.
  • allprinces
    January 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Im with a man that has one son by his ex-wife and i have three by a previous relationship. He treats all of them equally, if he did not i would not be with him!
  • Jennyanne322
    January 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    It's not his kid. He doesn't have to.
  • amonkeymom
    Amy
    January 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Sounds to me like it's time to get out of this relationship.  Chances are that things will only grow worse between your boyfriend and your daughter.

Quoting Banville108:

Yes and it only leads to a fight and then he says I resent his kid. I treat his daughter just like mine when she is over. I do the same for both of them. I even threw her a giant birthday party and took her to build a bear by her self as a special day for her and I while my daughter was at her fathers. 

• Mommy4000
    January 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

If there are no kids between the two of you, I would say that this might not be the right relationship for you and your daughter. I had this issue with my husband, only my kid was his kid. He and his daughter were very close, naturally, it was just the two of them for the first 4 years of her life. So when I came along and had our first child within the first year of our relationship, it sort of messed up the dynamics of his relationship with her. He didn't bond with our son right away. He's gotten much better over the years and he and our son are extremely close now, but had my son not been his child, I would have never continued the relationship.

• Banville108
    January 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I understand that but he doesn't have to treat mine like crap. He never does anything with her all week long and he gives my crap if I ask him to help her with anything. It is like I am a single mom but when his daughter is over I give them both baths, I dress them, take them to dance class etc.... He does NOTHING for my daughter. 

• Jennyanne322
    January 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    So why are you with him then? Things aren't going to change, if they haven't changed in what 3 years. Find someone that treats you and your daughter they way you both should be treated. It

Quoting Banville108:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I understand that but he doesn't have to treat mine like crap. He never does anything with her all week long and he gives my crap if I ask him to help her with anything. It is like I am a single mom but when his daughter is over I give them both baths, I dress them, take them to dance class etc.... He does NOTHING for my daughter. 

• Jennyanne322
    January 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    So why are you with him then? Things aren't going to change, if they haven't changed in what 3 years. Find someone that treats you and your daughter they way you both should be treated. It's wrong what he is doing.

Quoting Banville108:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts