The Lounge

Featured Posts
Kmakksmom
I am detoxing, weaning, whatever, myself from...
January 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM

...drinks like Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc.  Wednesday afternoon was my last Coke.  I know this is not going to be easy, my mom jokes that she was putting Pepsi in my bottles!, and I already have a lack of caffeine headache, which hot tea is NOT touching.  Wish me luck, please.  I'm sure I'm going to need lots of it.  Thanks, ladies! :)

Replies

• Lindalou907
    January 11, 2013 at 5:32 AM

You are going to have some major caffiene headaches for a couple of days, take tylenol! This is a good choice you're making,those drinks are just worthless and loaded with empty calories. Good job!

• hayliedlr
    January 11, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Good Luck.  I need to follow lol

• sjump25
    by sjump25
    January 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    Good luck! It's hard to real but you can do it! I have drank soda regularly for 13 years now. I used to drink 2-2 liters a day at least :/
  • TexasMami409
    January 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    Good luck! I cold turkeyd from Dr Pepper while pregnant. It was hard. But it did make it easier knowing I was affecting someone else by drinking them. To do it on my own??? That would be HARD.
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    January 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    Good luck! I've stopped drinking soda recently also but I haven't givin up coffee. Maybe some chocolate and tylonal will help your headache.
  • .Holly.
    by .Holly.
    January 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    I stopped drinking sodas in 2005. You can do it.
  • robin7771
    January 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Good Luck! 

• BlessedBeX3
    January 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM

YOu can do it!!!! i haven't had soda in almost a year now and I feel so much better WITHOUT it. That stuff is horrible for teeth, physical health and mental health. UGH!

You go girl!

• Kmakksmom
    January 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Thank you!  I am having some major headaches.  However, I am learning to drink tea, which is very weird because I am a Southerner who has never liked cold teas, but I am learning to drink hot tea now.  Since last night I have had some Lemon Ginger Stash tea...which tastes just like those lemon drop candies...and Double Spice Chai Stash tea, which tastes very good too.  I figure tea is much better for me than those drinks.  I will keep doing this until my headaches stop, and then I will be able to be free of those drinks.  I'm hoping to get to that point that if I drink one of those drinks it will make me feel sick or I just won't like the taste.  I decided to do this as an add on to my New Years Resolution for this year, which is for me to be happier in 2013.

Quoting Lindalou907:

You are going to have some major caffiene headaches for a couple of days, take tylenol! This is a good choice you're making,those drinks are just worthless and loaded with empty calories. Good job!

• Kmakksmom
    January 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Thank you!  It's really hard, but if I can do it, I am sure you can!  We can do this together if you'd like.  Keep each other accountable :)

Quoting hayliedlr:

Good Luck.  I need to follow lol

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN