paganbaby
Don't touch my freakin Dog!!!
December 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I'm at the dog park today with my two girls. Lilly is a spotted pointer and lab mix and Emiliy is a Bully Jack, (Jack russle terrier and Bull terrier)

Great dogs :-)

So they're off having fun and I see Lilly rough housing around with a boxer. Next thing I know, the boxer snaps at Lilly and the fight is on. They're wrestling on the ground and snarling at each other. I yell "Lilly GO!" She tries to run but the dog is still attacking her. The other owner is just standing there like an idiot not doing a damn thing so I grab my water bottle, filled with 1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water, and douse them in the face. The boxer stopped dead in his tracks and poor Lilly hid under the table shaking.

The owner finally gets off his ass and starts yelling, "What did you dump on my dog?!" I told him it was vinegar water and I wouldn't have needed it if he had controlled his dog instead of just watching like an idiot. He turned a pretty shade of purple and I just walked away.

Then my heart dropped. The side of Lilly's face was covered with blood. Oh God...I took her the hose, rinsed her off and discovered a partially chewed ear. That's it. Thank you Goddess! I took her home and she's okay now but I'm still soo pissed! The dog park is supposed to be a safe place. Now I don't know if I ever want to take her back :-(

Replies

• Kmakksmom
    December 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

:(

I would have done the same thing you did.  I hope Lilly is okay.

• Kris_PBG
    December 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

That is horrible.

• paganbaby
    December 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

She's okay now. I put some neosporin on it and Emily's been babying her too,lol.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

:(

I would have done the same thing you did.  I hope Lilly is okay.

• paganbaby
    December 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

She just got into another fight with the dog next door...

This is not her day! Luckily the dogs owner was right there and he pulled his off. It would have been a little funny if it wasn't so scary. He had her by the hind legs, she looked like she was pulling a superman. It's okay though. Neither dogs were hurt this time. And my neighbor was super apologetic too.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

That is horrible.

• Bauxite-17
    December 29, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Aw poor pooch. The other dog owner should be ashamed of themselves.

• aimhawk
    by aimhawk
    December 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM

That's awful!

• marchantmom06
    December 29, 2012 at 4:17 AM
    Why is your dog so aggressive? And make sure neither of your dogs lick the meds off her ear.
  • Kodysmommy928
    December 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Eek!  Hope her wound heals quickly.

• merryvoice
    December 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I've always avoided dog parks because of idiots like that. I also have a very timid toy poodle, so she doesn't do well with other dogs anyway. I'm so sorry you went through this. Some people are such jackasses. And I'm glad your fur baby is okay. 

• paganbaby
    December 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM

He  should  be but I doubt he is...

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Aw poor pooch. The other dog owner should be ashamed of themselves.