mommyangel49
TIRED OF SNOW AD DREARY WEATHER
December 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Hi everyone,I'm just very bored.   Tired of South Dakota weather.  I have a daughter and hubby that are sick.  So I am tired of playing games, and have no one to talk to. They have been sleeping on and off all day.  Just made three dozen m & m cookies and some ginger bread.

Replies

• momofallboys10
    December 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    From arkansas we never get snow this early and for the first time in 80 years we got snow on Christmas Day! 6 1/2 inches yes to some that is not a lot but to us it is huge. So no I am not sick of it yet. 😊
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    December 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    Yum! Wish I had some M & M cookies!
  • MrS.GiFFord
    December 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM

What snow? Ahahaha. It doesnt snow here. I miss the snow.

• lruesch
    by lruesch
    December 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    I live in Chicago and we don't really have any snow just a little but covering the grass which is very odd for Chicago cuz we usually have our first snow by Halloween!!!!and we didn't get anything for Christmas thus year !!!!
  • Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Where in South Dakota are you? I'm in Sioux Falls. We have about a foot of snow here. I actually want more! lol

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

You clearly don't live in South Dakota or in the upper midwest. A walk outside means almost getting frost bite. lol I'm in South Dakota. We currently have at least a foot of snow and it's 9 degrees out. It's supposed to get down to -5 at some point tonight. A walk sounds wonderful in 30 degree weather, but not 9. lol

Quoting merryvoice:

Are you crafty? You could do something crafty to pass your time. Do you like photography? If it isn't too bad outside, you could go take pictures, or just go for a walk. I get restless sometimes too, when it's too bad to go outside. I just end up doing something crafty like scrapbooking or reorganizing something! 

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

You had that many issues with just a foot of snow? You must live in a place that doesn't regularly get snow! We have at least a foot of snow and about 2 inches of ice on most of the roads. We'll get more snow and ice in the next 2 - 5 months. We get 5+ feet snow drifts!! lol

Quoting Mojitomommy:

We had snow and ice on Christmas and lost power and didn't get power back til yesterday . We had a foot of snow . I'm so ready for spring :)

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Where do you live?!

Quoting cmabbott:

In the last week our yard has gone from a mudpit to not being able to see my 80lb German Shepherd in the snow.  It's still snowing too.  Ugh.  Our youngest DD (18 months), enjoyed playing in the snow last night but kept pulling off her gloves so we brought her inside, our DS (4 years) kept asking DH to throw him into the snow piles, and our oldest DD (8 years) lasted about five minutes total before she decided she was too cold. So in essence, my house is destroyed, I have to make a grocery trip for the 3rd time this week,  and I'm going stir crazy.   We wanted to go sledding but our roads are pretty crappy so we can't force the kids out to play :(  So we've been doing crafts.

• JTROX
    by JTROX
    December 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Not tired of the snow yet.  It's only been here about 5 days.  Took my boy sledding today.

• Litzy
    by Litzy
    December 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Well I hope you have a nice New Year's eve celebration :)

P.S. No snow here in sunny S.D, CA at the beach