The Lounge

Featured Posts
oXMaMaOf3Xo
STRESSED!
December 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Tis the season to be broke....i feel like im drowning. NJ Unemployment doesnt pay that good,barely any food,cant christmas shop yet...trying to find a job. Seems to be getter harder to get a job anymore. Im so stressed...idk wat to do.

Replies

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    December 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    I agree with this! Hugs! We are right there with you.

Quoting RubyQ:

Being broke is hard enough as it is--don't buy into the consumer hoopla of Christmas and let the stores spoil it for you. 

Remember,  100% of advertising anything is to make you feel discontented with what you have right now. At Christmas, the stores and ads work overtime to double this effect! Don't buy into it!

There are lots of christmas things to do for free--if you just take the time to look. Many churches have free special concerts and they are wonderful! They also have free dinner gatherings and Santa/craft breakfasts. Schools have christmas programs. Local colleges have things going on in their theatres. If you can't or don't feel like undertaking a christmas celebration yourself, how about helping out at a dinner for those less fortunate? Churches or community orgs. always welcome volunteers. Look in your paper for free parades, tree lighting ceremonies, plays, church handbell or choir concerts, cookie tastings, decorated christmas gardens, decorated christmas house tours, free museum days,and free dinners. They're out there!

I know what you feel like, things were squeezed for us for a long time. I hope you get your holiday sparkle back.feel better

• Rocsi718
    December 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

awwwww i'm sorry about your situation i really hope things get better for you soon.....big hugs

• LivinDeadGurl
    December 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I've been there hon. My heart goes out to you.

• Kmakksmom
    December 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Stressed is my middle name, so I definitely understand!  *hugs*

• paganbaby
    December 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

hugs

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to