The Lounge

Featured Posts
vinalex0581
If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for
December 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

Replies

• bigmama423
    Liz
    December 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    I'd say the couple...??
  • Kmakksmom
    December 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I'd say the couple.  They are the ones raising the baby and needing the items.

• msmom29
    by msmom29
    December 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    I would say the couple the surrogate won't be raising the baby. The couple could do something nice for their surrogate though if they wanted. But I would say not a shower , baby showers help the parents of the baby.
  • KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    December 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    THE MOTHER SHOULD GET A GIFT FROM THE PARENTS TO BE.THE PARENTS GET A BABY SHOWER.THY WILL BE RAISING IT.
  • Kris_PBG
    December 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM

The shower would be for the new mom - not the surrogate.

• mskeeinmd
    December 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

The couple that is using the surrogate.  No, the couple can give the surrogate something, but the shower is for the parents who will have the new baby.

• Marz31
    by Marz31
    December 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM

the shower is for the mother, the surrogate is not the mother. Altho it might be nice to give her pregnancy items like stretch mark creams or ginger for nausea, but otherwise, the parents would be taking care of her needs.

• paganbaby
    December 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I think the surrogate deserves a party too. Maybe not a baby shower, but a special party none the less.

• offrdngal
    December 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

If not a party, at least do something special for her.

Quoting paganbaby:

I think the surrogate deserves a party too. Maybe not a baby shower, but a special party none the less.

• paganbaby
    December 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

That would work too.

Quoting offrdngal:

If not a party, at least do something special for her.

Quoting paganbaby:

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts