The Lounge

Featured Posts
hayliedlr
Gift Ideas for My Autistic Nephew?
November 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I am drawing a blank on what to get my nephew.  He is Autistic, only speaks by repeating.  He is 8 years old and he loves music and strings.  I was trying to find that 'ribbon dance thing'  I am not sure what it is called.  I want something that he will actually play with.  He doesn't play with much.  He is the only one that I have not got anything for yet and after him I am done Christmas shopping.

Any ideas??  Thank you.

Replies

• LivinDeadGurl
    November 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

What about a cheap keyboard?

I have an autistic son who doesn't play much with normal toys and he LOVES keyboards.

• hayliedlr
    November 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

What about a cheap keyboard?

I have an autistic son who doesn't play much with normal toys and he LOVES keyboards.

my sister got him one for his birthday a few years ago and he pulled all the keys off of it lol but something musical might be a good idea.  something that doesn't break easily

• powertothekids
    November 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

perhaps you could get him a dream catcher

• powertothekids
    November 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

or maybe a toy drum

• mamalusbear
    November 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

a little piano?  I thought this was such a cool one...

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-1314-Learn-To-Play-Piano/dp/B00020V59S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2GJZNGKLMO1NA&coliid=I3EQPO36O2ZQ7A

He might be a little old for it

• hollinicole
    November 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    Its called a ribbion dancer and its hard to find, they are normal out in the spring and summer. Check Walgreens they have some toys that make music and ligh up. That's about all I can think of right now.
  • powertothekids
    November 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Quoting mamalusbear:

a little piano?  I thought this was such a cool one...

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-1314-Learn-To-Play-Piano/dp/B00020V59S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2GJZNGKLMO1NA&coliid=I3EQPO36O2ZQ7A

He might be a little old for it

he'll probably pull those keys out

• mamalusbear
    November 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

You think so?  I think it's made pretty well...my son has tried to dismantle it without much success..now he just loves to play it.

• onecuteladybug2
    November 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Legos are popular among most boys. If it's in your budget, maybe an iPod with some communication apps on it...

• PurpleHazey
    November 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

A drum set

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN