The Lounge

Featured Posts
msmom29
Working moms
by msmom29
November 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I have a friend who's husband works as a police officer, different shifts, so sometimes he is at home with the baby. Well she rolled over for the first time today and he texted her at work to tell her. She was so upset she missed it an is kind of depressed she isn't a stay at home mom. What are your thoughts in this should one parent keep baby's accomplishments to themselves until the other parent gets to see it too? Or should they tell when it happens??

Replies

• CorpCityGrl
    November 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Nope, they should share.

DH was a cop when DD was first born and was home with her sometimes until he transferred jobs and went away for training.  In either case, we would share with the other DD's milestones and accomplishments. 

• Kodysmommy928
    November 26, 2012 at 4:46 PM

They should be shared.  My husband was a SAHD when our youngest was a baby.  I would have been more upset if he didn't share those little things with me.

• msmom29
    by msmom29
    November 26, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I share everything with my husband that our baby is doing, but i know with my EXdh, i had to go back to work right away because he was laid off, and didnt bother to look for work, so i had to support us. I missed so much and it is depressing. Im happy that four years later, my DH has a good job, that allows me to be home with the kids, although i do miss working alot, my dd starts kindergarten in september, my son is one 4 months old so once he is old enough for nursery school im going back to work.

• amonkeymom
    Amy
    November 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I agree, milestones should be shared.

• RitaTequila531
    November 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    Me too!

Quoting amonkeymom:

I agree, milestones should be shared.

• Ilaynasmommy
    November 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Dh is a sahd. Sometimes he tells me sometimes he doesnt. I think if its a major milestone he waits. when I see itand tell him. He sometimes tells me shes been doing it and I feel crappy but its great excitement when its new to me.
  • hayliedlr
    November 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

should be shared

• Kmakksmom
    November 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I think they definitely should be shared!

• Kris_PBG
    November 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM
    Dh and I always share honestly.

Being a SAHM would not guarantee for her to see every first moment.

She could have been in the shower, cooking dinner, folding laundry, etc...
  • Kris_PBG
    November 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    Quoting WorkFromHomeMum:

This is such a sad situation. Look at what is being sacrificed because our minds have been brainwashed to believe we NEED to get a job, and sacrifice our lives and family to become slaves to the rich, and earn just enough money to get by on anyway while employers are sitting back counting their millions.  The world needs to step up and say enough is enough, live a life of total freedom from slavery and take control.  There are ways of making this happen so your friend does not have to miss out on those milestones.  The world now revolves around greed and money, and to hell with the health, welfare and lifestyle of the people.  Sorry, but parents who miss out on quality family time because of selfish greed really makes my blood boil.  Life is full of choices, she has chosen to go and work outside the home and miss all this valuable time, which she may feel is the right choice to make, and I don't blame her for that, a lot of people feel that is the only way out in order to survive financially, however, it is not fair and those living a life mediocrity need to step up, make a choice and change.  So glad I was never put in that position of missing milestones, it would have broken my heart as it is something you will never get back again.  Maybe hubby could take video footage and she could watch it when she gets home.

So you think no one should work?

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN