teatyme007
Recommend some good books
November 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I looked, but couldn't find a reading or book group on here, so I thought I'd post it here.  I starting to get back into the good habit of reading.   Within the past three months I've read Cutting for Stone (Good book) and The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (another good book). Can anyone recommend some good titles?  Or is there a book group on here?  Thank you.

Replies

• anotherandree
    November 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

The Passage and The Twelve (books 1 and 2 in a series) by Justin Cronin were AMAZING.  There is a trilogy called Chaos Walking, the first book is called The Knife of Never Letting Go.  If you have a Kindle, there was a pretty good free book listed a few days ago (not sure if it is still free) called Branded.  Right now, I am reading Under the Dome by Stephen King and it is pretty good.  Even if you have seen the movie, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was FANTASTIC.  It was not like the movie which was purely action based.  The book really made me think.  On the Beach by Nevile Shute is probably my all time favorite book.  

• teatyme007
    November 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Thanks for the input! 

• SusanTheWriter
    November 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM

CafeMom Bookaholics is a fun, active group of diverse readers.

I tend to read genre lit, rather than women's fiction or lit fiction. The last decent lit fiction books I read were either by Isabel Allende or Jasper Fforde.

• Kris_PBG
    November 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    That is a great idea. I have never noticed a group that does book clubs...
  • sjump25
    by sjump25
    November 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I wish I had more time to read.  I have been on the 3rd 50 Shades of Grey book for a month now and I think i'm only on chapter 7. ugh.

• Kmakksmom
    November 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I love all of J.R. Ward's books!  Also Nicholas Sparks and Danielle Steel's books.  One of my favorite books is Sherrilyn Kenyon's book "Acheron".

I am very much into paranormal romances!

Oh...and 50 shades is good.

• PurpleHazey
    November 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

That is a great idea. I have never noticed a group that does book clubs...

It is a good idea.