The Lounge

Featured Posts
SoCalTx
Need to vent bc I may explode!!!
by SoCalTx
October 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Would you be upset if a friend claimed to be too sick to have her kids all week (pawning them off on others) but come Friday she's texting me asking to watch her kids so she can have a date night? I said no bc I have a killer migraine and quite honestly I'm sick of watching her kids. She suffers from self diagnosed fibro which I can sympathize with I've been dx with fibro and horrid migraines but unless I'm in the hospital or my husband is home I take care of my kid. She seems to be sick all week every week but its all fine fri and sat for date night and no it's not just sitting down they go dancing they play mini golf stuff like that. I'm just sad for the kids bc they worry about their mom & miss her playing with them. I love them but I can't watch them anymore if she's well enough to have date night or ladies night she's well enough to take care of her kids. Idk maybe it's bc I suffer too & there's days I want to take meds & lay in bed all day but I know my daughter needs me. When I'm flared up I wouldn't even think about date night. If its a good week we'd get out but I'm fine having a date night at home after little one goes to bed. This is just me venting my frustration by taking myself off the baby sitter list I don't have to care. To note she never watches my daughter I've asked her a few times so we could have a date night or I have an appt she always has an excuse. I guess the smart thing to do is cut her lose all together. Well thanks for letting me vent I feel better.

Replies

• mom2priceboys
    October 27, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Family member tried that with us - too sick to take care of their kids after school but could go driving all around the county and over to friends to smoke up so needed people to watch kids right at dinner time UM, NO!!! Caused a big ol family dispute, Oh well!!

• Lindalou907
    October 27, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Just say no! And don't feel guilty at all!

• hethr469
    October 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    We know a woman just like this! Sorry if someone reaally has fibromyalgia but I will not ever believe this is a real disease. It looks like regular stress from not wanting to get a job gone on too long to me. Tell her what she is doing to her kids then back way away. Our girl actually has gone further and made her kids think they are sick too and she carts them from doctor to doctor too!
  • hethr469
    October 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    PS i know a sure cure for fibro, besides getting ones life in order, its for them to have an insurance plan like mine that one has to carefully consider every procedure on account of the costs to actually pay out of pocket.
  • LexRi0709
    October 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    I wouldn't watch them either. I do have fibro and some other stuff, so I know how it is to be in extreme pain all day. If its a really bad day, I have family that will come over in the afternoon to help me. But I don't bitch all week, and have others watch my kids then go out on the weekends.
  • hethr469
    October 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    I guess I shouldnt have hit submit if I wasnt done talking but these people! One of this ladies kids bent her finger and they go to the emergency room. my daughter fell over five feet out of a tree and landed right on her back and i had to diagnose her, without the benefit of even an xray. AND i had to plan her physical therapy and guide her through it too!
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    October 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    I had a friend like this... it was just a general sense of entitlement that she had and expected that the whole world owed her something.

There is a difference between doing a friend a solid if they're in a pinch or truly not feeling well and being taken advantage of on an increasingly frequent basis. I find a lot of times that once you do something out of the kindness of your heart once or twice... that it becomes expected in their mind and its incredibly arrogant and self-centered.

I had to cut my friend loose eventually because she was like this in other ways too... paticularly about money (I always treated everything we did because she NEVER had a penny to her name evidently) and again... there was just no grace about it. Not even a thank you after a couple times... it became assumed that I would be the one to pay for everything and she had absolutely no humility about it.

See ya later girlfriend :)
  • PurpleHazey
    October 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Take a deep breath

• PurpleHazey
    October 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting Lindalou907:

Just say no! And don't feel guilty at all!

Yes!

• SoCalTx
    by SoCalTx
    October 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    I have fibro myself but get the job done. Trust me it has nothing to do with getting a job I worked for years before I had DD my husband makes enough I don't have to work but if I did my illness wouldn't keep me out of the workforce. If you dealt with daily pain headaches jumbled thoughts you'd understand. But I do know some self dx & use it.

Quoting hethr469:

We know a woman just like this! Sorry if someone reaally has fibromyalgia but I will not ever believe this is a real disease. It looks like regular stress from not wanting to get a job gone on too long to me. Tell her what she is doing to her kids then back way away. Our girl actually has gone further and made her kids think they are sick too and she carts them from doctor to doctor too!

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN