Featured Posts
paganbaby
*Pregnant 15 yo* Was her mom right to say this? Edit in Red.
October 24, 2012 at 9:22 PM

In response to questions, I contacted my aunt who knows the family, today. The update from her is that the mom will not allow her daughter to get on any type of assistance. She is of the mind that you take care of your own and don't live off the government. She has always paid her own way and she expects her daughter to do no less. Schools with free daycare is off the table too. She will not coddle her and let her take the easy way out.

There's a 15 year old girl. She got pregnant by her boyfriend who skipped out soon after. And she hid the pregnancy from her parents until it was too late for an abortion.Now she's 6 months pregnant and her mom is pushing hard for adoption. She has her whole life ahead of her, she doesn't need to be saddled with a baby, yada, yada, yada. But the girl really wants to keep her baby.So finally this is what the mom said,

Mom: "Okay." "You want to keep you baby?" "You take care of him all the time." "I will not be a babysitter." "I raised my baby, now it's your turn."

Daughter: "But what about school?" "Aren't you going to watch him while I'm at school?"

Mom: "No." "Looks like you're going to be needing a job to pay for daycare." "Not to mention his diapers, formula, clothes and whatever else he needs." "You want to be a mom so bad?" "Then take on all the responsibilities of a mother.

Daughter: "But that's not fair!"

Do you feel the mom was right in saying that?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 54% - Yes. It's true. If she wants to be a mom she needs to take complete and unrealistic responsibility for her burden.
  2. 3% - No. I don't feel that's fair at all.
  3. 42% - I think that some responsibilty is good. But what the mom is asking is unreasonable.

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    October 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM

she opened her legs, had sex, got pregnant, waited to late to abort, so yea she needs to grow up

mom is doing right by this.

WTG mom, i just hope she sticks to her guns and follows through

• RitaTequila531
    October 24, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    Those are the plain facts, Mom isn't sugar coating anything.
    The daughter chose to have sex .... an outcome is a possible pregnancy.
    What's not fair is the Mom being forced to be burdened. She has a life to live and things of her own to do.
    Reality is harsh sometimes.
    If I were Mom, I'd help get her into a program where she can go to school while her child is in daycare in the same school.
  • paganbaby
    October 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Do you think it's possible for a 15 year old to go to school full time, work full time and take care of her baby?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

she opened her legs, had sex, got pregnant, waited to late to abort, so yea she needs to grow up

• paganbaby
    October 24, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I see what the mom is trying to do. Honestly I do. But I'm afraid the mom's decision is going to push her into either giving up her baby for adoption and regretting it (depression, drugs, suicide) or dropping out of school and getting on welfare.

Quoting RitaTequila531:

She chose to have sex .... an outcome is a possible pregnancy.
    What's not fair is the Mom being forced to be burdened. She has a life to live and things of her own to do.

• CreziaMommyTo2
    October 24, 2012 at 9:32 PM

No, but why should the grandma to be have to alter her life?

they do have schools for teens that can bring the baby to school.  have her look into that...

i feel more sorry for the unborn child than i do for the pregnant girl

Quoting paganbaby:

Do you think it's possible for a 15 year old to go to school full time, work full time and take care of her baby?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

• RitaTequila531
    October 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    That's true, I get that Mom is upset, frustrated and disappointed but the need to be supportive is still there. That doesn't cost anything at all.

Quoting paganbaby:

I see what the mom is trying to do. Honestly I do. But I'm afraid the mom's decision is going to push her into either giving up her baby for adoption and regretting it (depression, drugs, suicide) or dropping out of school and getting on welfare.

Quoting RitaTequila531:

• paganbaby
    October 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Ah, I see you edited it. Very good. My sister went to one of those schools. They had a onsite daycare that the girls too turns working in. And along with regular school, they had mandatory parenting classes and work study programs.

Quoting RitaTequila531:

The daughter chose to have sex .... an outcome is a possible pregnancy.
    Reality is harsh sometimes.
    If I were Mom, I'd help get her into a program where she can go to school while her child is in daycare in the same school.

• paganbaby
    October 24, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Agreed. I get that.

But the mom isn't offering one of those as an option. For her it's an either or. Honestly it smacks of manipulation to me.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

No, but why should the grandma to be have to alter her life?

they do have schools for teens that can bring the baby to school.  have her look into that...

i feel more sorry for the unborn child than i do for the pregnant girl

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

• kLynch315
    October 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    She can likely qualify for childcare assistance while in school. If not she could do online school. There are options. I was a teen mom, lived on my own with my bf, and didn't expect anyone to raise my Child. It can be done and I don't blame the mom. My mom said the same things!
  • paganbaby
    October 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Very true!

Quoting RitaTequila531:

That's true, I get that Mom is upset, frustrated and disappointed but the need to be supportive is still there. That doesn't cost anything at all.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting RitaTequila531:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts