The Lounge

Featured Posts
Thelmama
Okay..it is out of my hands
October 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I posted my resume on Monster.com and sent the link to a company looking for a Contract Therapist for kids that are recovering from abuse.  I worked with abused kids for over 2 years and have a Master's degree in social work. In the mean time I am brushing up on play therapy, couseling techiniques etc.  Because it is contract therapy, I believe I can make my own  hours and work it around my kids schedule. I am praying this works out and we can get out of this hole we are in.  Here is to hoping.baby dust and good job dust....LOL

Replies

• Kodysmommy928
    October 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!  That is an amazing and heartbreaking line of work.  You have so much courage!

• anotherandree
    October 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Good Luck!!!

• mylittlelife82
    October 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    Best of luck to you!!
  • Thelmama
    October 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Thank you.  And these kids have so much resileance if you can reach them in time.  Too often they are left in the cracks to suffer and not let this stuff out.  I would use play therapy, art therapy and music therapy as some of the options to work with them. It is more about letting them have a safe place to talk to someone there just for them than it being a "cure". Helping them have coping skills and the place and time to grieve.  And to know.......hey you are not alone.  You can do this and you are somebody. 

I am survivor myself, not that I would tell them that, as that wouldn't be ethical practice, but I know some of where they are coming from. Just not as severely as some of them have faced.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!  That is an amazing and heartbreaking line of work.  You have so much courage!

• Thelmama
    October 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Thanks y'all.

• offrdngal
    October 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    Good luck!!!
  • Thelmama
    October 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

thank you

• kimsardo
    October 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Good luck!