The Lounge

2girlz3boyz
potty treats??
October 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM
i just got my 3 yr old to go poôp in potty. its been aprox 2 to 3 wéeks. after he does his poôp i give him a treat. he goes like 6 times a day and i give him a treat after every one. when and how do i stop giving him treats???

Replies

• kLynch315
    October 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    If he's been going everyday for 2-3 weeks I would say that many treats aren't necessary anymore. Maybe give one a day or go to more long term treats. Like a larger treat for making it the entire week. Oh and Congrats! Pooping in the potty takes forever it seems!!
  • Kmakksmom
    October 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I always gave a few M & Ms as a reward for going on the potty, and then when my kids were fully potty trained we went to Toys r Us and bought a toy as a reward for going all the time.

• MommeeTo4
    October 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    Idk I don't do that.
  • PurpleHazey
    October 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

LOL After him is completely potty trained then a Would just stop by not mention it!

• 2girlz3boyz
    October 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    i think the reason he goes so much is just for the treat. hes completly trained but i worry if i stop the treats hell stop gong in potty. its beén so long since i did this idk wut i did w my other boys
  • kimsardo
    October 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

You can try replacement thing first. Cut out the snacks and give him a sticker book. Sticker instead of snack. Then you can phase that out easier. 

• kimsardo
    October 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I always gave a few M & Ms as a reward for going on the potty, and then when my kids were fully potty trained we went to Toys r Us and bought a toy as a reward for going all the time.

Good idea. Cut if off period. Get him a prize as the grand finale!

• kimsardo
    October 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting 2girlz3boyz:

i think the reason he goes so much is just for the treat. hes completly trained but i worry if i stop the treats hell stop gong in potty. its beén so long since i did this idk wut i did w my other boys

I agree he's probably going so much because of the food treats. 

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts