vinalex0581
I envy moms who have had
October 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

Replies

• 2BBboys0509
    October 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    October 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    I agree with this! :-)

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

• Goinutswit3
    October 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    Ive had 3 csections n i was terrified bout the recoverybut after my first one iwas use to it. My bby girl is 2 mnths. Now ull b luky if u can find am Ob that will do vag deliveries after csections
  • Meg2011425
    October 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    I had a c section due to complications. My son is almost 4 and we are currently trying for our second.

I wanted to try vaginal but I also was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to breathe and with my son he was back labor for 36 hours.
  • Marilu_
    by Marilu_
    October 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Totally agree
    Quoting 2BBboys0509:

• ellie125
    October 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    I had an emr c-section, and my second boy due in 8 weeks will also be a C-S. I was 23 hours in natural labor because the apdrl didn't work. it was the most painful and scary experience of my life, I wouldn't ever want anyone to go thorough what I went through. there's no words to describe the pain. anyway you have a choice on how u want to deliver. I know many women that delivered after haveing a c-s, and they are all fine. didn't have any problems. so u have a choice" best of luck
  • jamamama00
    October 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I've had three. Two with no drugs at all (not because I wanted it that way.) It hurt like hell. My vagina is loose. Sex doesn't feel as good. I leak pee. It's going to take six thousand for the surgery to fix my poon. I know it sucks for me to tell you, "don't feel bad because this is what you're missing out on." I am sorry you've never gotten that experience, and that you feel you're missing something. But trust me, there are (many) advantages to not going through that.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    I had a C-section with my first & successful VBACs with my next two. Yes, the experiences were different, but I don't feel robbed with having a C-section. You have your boys & they're healthy. That's ALL that matters.
  • Shelly126
    October 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    Quoting 2BBboys0509:

I totally agree, what difference does it make how you gave birth? You had the beautiful experience of being pregnant, which is another thing some women get robbed of. Look @ your children and thank God for many things, don't feel bad about something so irrelevant.
  • merryvoice
    October 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Exactly! I had a c-section and I felt like  I missed out, but this is how I look at it: It took me ELEVEN years to make her, so I'm grateful I even had her at all! 

Quoting Bmama1:

I agree with this! :-)

Quoting 2BBboys0509: