The Lounge

Featured Posts
vinalex0581
I envy moms who have had
October 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

Replies

• 2BBboys0509
    October 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    October 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    I agree with this! :-)

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

• Goinutswit3
    October 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    Ive had 3 csections n i was terrified bout the recoverybut after my first one iwas use to it. My bby girl is 2 mnths. Now ull b luky if u can find am Ob that will do vag deliveries after csections
  • Meg2011425
    October 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    I had a c section due to complications. My son is almost 4 and we are currently trying for our second.

I wanted to try vaginal but I also was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to breathe and with my son he was back labor for 36 hours.
  • Marilu_
    by Marilu_
    October 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Totally agree
    Quoting 2BBboys0509:

• ellie125
    October 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    I had an emr c-section, and my second boy due in 8 weeks will also be a C-S. I was 23 hours in natural labor because the apdrl didn't work. it was the most painful and scary experience of my life, I wouldn't ever want anyone to go thorough what I went through. there's no words to describe the pain. anyway you have a choice on how u want to deliver. I know many women that delivered after haveing a c-s, and they are all fine. didn't have any problems. so u have a choice" best of luck
  • jamamama00
    October 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I've had three. Two with no drugs at all (not because I wanted it that way.) It hurt like hell. My vagina is loose. Sex doesn't feel as good. I leak pee. It's going to take six thousand for the surgery to fix my poon. I know it sucks for me to tell you, "don't feel bad because this is what you're missing out on." I am sorry you've never gotten that experience, and that you feel you're missing something. But trust me, there are (many) advantages to not going through that.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    I had a C-section with my first & successful VBACs with my next two. Yes, the experiences were different, but I don't feel robbed with having a C-section. You have your boys & they're healthy. That's ALL that matters.
  • Shelly126
    October 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    Quoting 2BBboys0509:

I totally agree, what difference does it make how you gave birth? You had the beautiful experience of being pregnant, which is another thing some women get robbed of. Look @ your children and thank God for many things, don't feel bad about something so irrelevant.
  • merryvoice
    October 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Exactly! I had a c-section and I felt like  I missed out, but this is how I look at it: It took me ELEVEN years to make her, so I'm grateful I even had her at all! 

Quoting Bmama1:

I agree with this! :-)

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN