Featured Posts
Thelmama
Croup UPDATE
October 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM

My youngest has croup.  Poor baby is miserable.  breathing treatments help a little........now for my question.........is a sore throat normal with croup?  she has had croup before so we have permission to do breathing treatments without seeing the doctor, but I don't know if a sore throat is common with strep.  If she hasn't improved by morning I am taking her to the dr.  She has been sick for 24 hours and the treatments help the breathing and croup but not the sore throat.

UPDATE:

Took her in because she jus wasn't getting better. It is croup but he gave me oral steroids to give her because her throat is so swollen. She gets two doses today and then 1 dose per day for 3 days.  He said with the two doses today she should be a lot better tomorrow. I do hate the way their breathing sounds when they have croup.  

Replies

• Thelmama
    October 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Thanks. I am taking her in as she isn't much better and it is day 3.  Thanks so much. Poor baby is so miserable.

Quoting calimom1123:

Yes my dd had croup 3 times. Her throat always was sore. I think its from coughing so much and the fact that croup is a virus that affects the vocal chords and throat. Thats why they have that raspy cough. The vocal chords swell causing pain.

• othermom
    October 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I don't know, but I hope that she feels better soon

• Thelmama
    October 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Thanks y'all. She is much better today.....finally.

• Kmakksmom
    October 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Glad to hear she is better :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts