The Lounge

Featured Posts
Cafe Naomi
Ask the Expert: Get advice from Macy's mBlog Interior Decorator!
September 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM

CafeMom is excited to welcome Lancy Boyd of Macy's mBlog to The Lounge! He'll be taking your interior design and decorating questions until October 17th. 

Lance is an Interior Designer and Decorator with over twenty years of experience, Lance Boyd brings a glamorous sense of style and a hint of wit to all of his projects. His popular web log, TheStyleHound.com, chronicles his search around the globe for the latest home innovations and style solutions. Among his many clients are House Beautiful, O magazine and Martha Stewart just to name a few. 

Want a little help sprucing up your home? Ask your questions here! We'll post Lance's answers on 10/29. One mom who asks a question will win a $20 gift card to Macy's!

Giveaway rules:

• The Interior Design Expert giveaway starts 9/30/12 at 11pm (ET) and ends 10/17//2012 at noon (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $20 gift card to Macy's.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/19/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Replies

• isell_avon
    October 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

how can i make the best out of a small kitchen and living room? 

• lasombrs
    October 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM

what is the best way to make a tiny apartment bathroom look more comfortable and less cramped?

• vinalex0581
    October 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

How can I organize my house without throwing anything away?

The things that my SO and I have are important paperwork and items that we just can't throw away.

But I want to be able to keep things neat and organized because right now, the way things are, it's pretty cluttered.

The problem is we don't have much money.

So how can we live in a clutter free house without spending an arm and a leg?

• LadySaphira
    October 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM

basicaly, I live in a dump. I hate it here but it is the only place that I can afford to rent. It has ugly brown comercial wall to wall carpeting and cream colored wall (some are that horrible stucco) that I am not allowed to paint any other color.

What can I do to make it look warmer and more inviting?

• Bellarose0212
    October 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Do you think it is typically more aesthetic to section off a room in two parts (example: couch or bookcase separating a living room into two seperate spaces) or to leave it looking open?

What are your favorite organization products and tricks? We're all moms and we have too much junk to hide.

• nicole2884
    October 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM

How can you make a larger room feel cozy , our master bedroom is as big as our 2 car garage. while we love the space i want it to be cozy an romantic 

• Blue_Spiral
    October 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I have a tiny kitchen. What are some tips for getting the most out of my kitchen space so that I enjoy cooking again?

• lovin_being_mom
    October 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I am doing a medium gray in my living room, a warm yellow in my dining room, and a bright teal color behind my washer and dryer which is off my kitchen. What color should I paint my kitchen to tie in with the other colors? I have white cabinets and floor, and will be installing a dark gray/black countertop.

• furbabymum
    October 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I have 4 giant breed dogs. Should I just come to terms with the fact that everything in my house needs to be dog colored or look filthy?

• furbabymum
    October 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I have a lot of beautifully colored poultry feathers from our very own flock. Think peacocks, ducks, chickens and guineas. I'd love to incorporate the feathers into my decor but have no idea how. Right now they're just piled up in a vase.

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts