Featured Posts
newbaby2011
What would you do if you lost your job tomorrow?
September 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I got laid off last year from Liberty Mutual. I was making about 45k a year. I was approved for unemployment a measley $275 per week! That was the maximum!  I have been working for all these years and that is all I got! Then they had the nerve to hold back a week. With all the experience I have I still wasn't getting all the calls I exspected. About six months later  they decided to randomly review my claim, I went without pay for 5 weeks! That made me never soley depend on money from jobs, or the state! These days you have to have a back up plan.

Replies

• Kris_PBG
    September 9, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I would have to hustle and find a new one...

• Fabulous24
    September 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    I would be fine. My husband works and we have a year worth of savings saved in case of emergency.
  • chenard79
    September 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I know I couldnt depend on unemployment. Im working on my plan B as we speak just in case.

• mrsparker0
    September 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    I just lost mine last week so to speak. I do in home childcare and my only kiddo moved far away. Luckily we dont depend on my income so its not life/death but it does make.me nervous bc I value being able to contribute to my family.

And YES unemployment sucks donkey nuts. Avoid like the plague if possible!!
  • offrdngal
    September 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I would cry....I love my job!  I was laid off, once, for about 2-3 months.  It seriously sucked.  If I got fired, I would just start looking for another job.  I don't do well just sitting at home, not making my own money.

• Kmakksmom
    September 10, 2012 at 3:36 AM

I'm a SAHM, so that's not an issue.

• rnchelle93
    September 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM

It would be rough. I don't need the money to survive, my mother supports me fully until I graduate in May, but I need the money to get ready for baby, who is due in May. 

• spinmom13
    September 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I really need to get a plan together! My SO just lost his jobb and he was the main income. Now I am working 2-3 jobs and getting further behind every minute.This is a very scary feeling, not knowing what will happen each day! Any ideas for plans or financial organizing? If so shoot them my way.

• chattycassie
    September 10, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Being a single mom my answer shoud be PANIC. I have no saving and live week to week making about 32 k a year. But to be hinest I would be a little happy. I am going to school part time and finding it hard to complete with a full time job and three kids. I would go back to school FULL time I have already looked into what I could get to go to school and would be able to cover the CC I go to plus my bills. :)

• salamandersmom
    September 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Yes, you should ALWAYS have a  back up plan.  Scary, isn't it?  I'm a SAHM.  If something happened, I couldn't even apply for unemployment.  I'd just plain be S.O.L.  They say you should have AT LEAST 6 months worth of wages saved up for an emergency.  We don't have that.  We live hand to mouth, paycheck to paycheck.  I'm currently pretty well broke until next Friday.  Not this Friday, the one 10 days from now. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts