The Lounge

Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?
August 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

Replies

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    November 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Whether my husband likes it or not, we're decorating for Christmas early this year. We're hosting Thanksgiving, and I want the house to look festive when everyone is here!! :)

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    November 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Oooooh! I like!!

Quoting othermom:

I love some of the ideas on the mblog. I really love these three sets. They would be wonderful for helping me cook for the holidays

image1.jpg

Set it
    Obviously, when it comes to the first matrimonial meal with your beau’s parents, you want every dish to come out perfect. But, if you’re still working with the one or two cooking utensils from your first apartment, that might be hard! Upgrade from your solo days with all-in-one sets that can prepare anything (for even the most finicky of palates!)

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    November 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM

We have a gas log fireplace in our dining room. It's not an efficient way to heat the house, but it sure is nice to light it once in a while for atmosphere! :)

Quoting Apr1l:

We love having a fire in our living room fireplace, its so cozy, our guests love it too.  We have very cold winters where I live, but the fireplace is nice to sit by and play a game or make smores indoor =D 

• MichelleK41
    November 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Our families all time fav.! We have to make 2 for Thanksgiving. =)

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

2 cans pumpkin (not pie mix)
    1 large can evaporated milk
    1 cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 or 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1 yellow cake mix
    1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
    2 sticks butter, melted, and cooled

Preheat oven to 350. Grease sides and bottom of 9x13 pan. Put wax paper in bottom. Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and spice well. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture in pan. Sprinkle nuts over cake mix; spoon cooled, melted butter over nuts. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Let Cool completely. Invert onto serving tray.

Frosting

1 8oz cream cheese

3/4 cup defrosted Cool Whip
    1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Mix together and frost.

• sukainah
    November 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Those are nice!

Quoting othermom:

I love some of the ideas on the mblog. I really love these three sets. They would be wonderful for helping me cook for the holidays

image1.jpg

Set it
    Obviously, when it comes to the first matrimonial meal with your beau’s parents, you want every dish to come out perfect. But, if you’re still working with the one or two cooking utensils from your first apartment, that might be hard! Upgrade from your solo days with all-in-one sets that can prepare anything (for even the most finicky of palates!)

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    November 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I just try to stay organized and not get too flustered.

• Leelee1008
    November 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

i say you cant go wrong with great music and a plate of awesome cookies!

• Rushn311
    November 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I host xmas eve. I might check out mblog for some ideas. I am always looking for change ;)

• Threes.Company
    November 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

There are lots of great ideas on the mBlog!!

• lalasmama2007
    November 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Quoting MichelleK41:

Our families all time fav.! We have to make 2 for Thanksgiving. =)

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

2 cans pumpkin (not pie mix) 1 large can evaporated milk 1 cup sugar 3 eggs 1 or 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1 yellow cake mix 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts 2 sticks butter, melted, and cooled
    Preheat oven to 350. Grease sides and bottom of 9x13 pan. Put wax paper
    in bottom. Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and spice well. Pour into
    prepared pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture in pan.
    Sprinkle nuts over cake mix; spoon cooled, melted butter over nuts. Bake
    for 50 to 60 minutes. Let Cool completely. Invert onto serving tray.
    Frosting 1 8oz cream cheese 3/4 cup defrosted Cool Whip 1/2 cup confectioners sugar Mix together and frost.

Sounds yummy!

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts