CafeMom Team
What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?
August 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

Replies

• PurpleHazey
    December 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Quoting Bmama1:

Yummy this looks delicious!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

main.jpg

mBlog has tons of creative ideas that are very helpful. This site is something that I will continue to check for new ideas and recipes. I will be trying this recipe this fall, I love cranberries, and this one is close to the same cranberry recipe my Grandma used to make. 

http://community.macys.com/t5/Happenings/Have-A-Cran-berry-Happy-Thanksgiving/ba-p/12740

yummy

• PurpleHazey
    December 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Yummy!

Quoting mochalove520:

How bout some coffee cherry brownes.
    I buy the box brownies nd put my spinn on them

Its call for 2 eggs
    1\2 cup oil
    6 cherries fresh or jar
    Coffee grounds I use 1Tb spoon.mix nd bake
    Its going to be delicious.

I agree

• PurpleHazey
    December 26, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Quoting Nicky2911:

Every year I make gingerbread men for the close, important people in my life. I use mnms for eyes and buttons. I try to give their gingerbread man the same color eyes as them and I write their names across the front. Then I put them each into one of those clear plastic snack bags that don't have a zipper and tie the end with some colored ribbon. A pair of scissors to curl the ribbon and it looks really classy. I just use the recipe off the molasses jar.

Yummy

• PurpleHazey
    December 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting Bmama1:

Yummy this looks delicious!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

main.jpg

mBlog has tons of creative ideas that are very helpful. This site is something that I will continue to check for new ideas and recipes. I will be trying this recipe this fall, I love cranberries, and this one is close to the same cranberry recipe my Grandma used to make. 

http://community.macys.com/t5/Happenings/Have-A-Cran-berry-Happy-Thanksgiving/ba-p/12740

yummy

yes yummy

• PurpleHazey
    December 26, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Quoting Bmama1:

Oh yeah. That is very cute. I don't even remember the last time I wore a dress but I would wear that.

Quoting Bob192:

Cute black dress!!

original (1).jpeg

They sure are cute

• She_25
    by She_25
    December 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    Im just simple play with my kids.sing a s0ng with them,at the end of the day i feel i am c0mplete. :-)
  • Italy6
    by Italy6
    December 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

What I loved for this year was making these Candy Cane treats :0) They were the regular sized canes, large marshmallows, chocolate, and peppermint candies.... you put the candy cane in the center of the large marshmallow then the candy cane can stand, then roll the melted chocolate onto the large marshmallow, then the peppermints are crushed into small chunks and you roll the chocolate covered marshmallow in the peppermints and put on a plate....large platter and put your favorite hot cocoa packets around it and drizzle the melted chocolate lightly over all of the candy canes....so cute and so yummy....make the hot cocoa then put the candy cane in and drink...super good :0) For Halloween the pumpkin poop was my favorite :0) small round cheese puffs in a clear gift bag...on pinterest you can find a label to print that says pumpkin poop and put that with a tie around the top of bag...super cute :0)

• Italy6
    by Italy6
    December 31, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Here are some examples of the things I have loved this holiday :0) I have the tags I can send you for this for the pumkin poop :0)