CafeMom Team
What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?
August 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

Replies

• othermom
    November 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I love some of the ideas on the mblog. I really love these three sets. They would be wonderful for helping me cook for the holidays

image1.jpg

Set it
    Obviously, when it comes to the first matrimonial meal with your beau’s parents, you want every dish to come out perfect. But, if you’re still working with the one or two cooking utensils from your first apartment, that might be hard! Upgrade from your solo days with all-in-one sets that can prepare anything (for even the most finicky of palates!)

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    November 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

We love having a fire in our living room fireplace, its so cozy, our guests love it too.  We have very cold winters where I live, but the fireplace is nice to sit by and play a game or make smores indoor =D 

I saw these curtains on the mblog its great idea having curtains that help keep your home warm and insulate, and they look nice too bonus 

line.jpg

image1.jpg

Get Cozy

Reflect the colors of the season inside your home as well as out. The best place to start? Curtains! A quick switch of your window treatment can easily transform the look of any room. I love these by Pella. Not only do they come in a variety of Fall colors but they’re also energy-efficient – so you can keep warm inside & save money too!

• kimsardo
    November 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

mBlog is a great source for ideas and inspiration.

• Nicky2911
    November 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Every year I make gingerbread men for the close, important people in my life. I use mnms for eyes and buttons. I try to give their gingerbread man the same color eyes as them and I write their names across the front. Then I put them each into one of those clear plastic snack bags that don't have a zipper and tie the end with some colored ribbon. A pair of scissors to curl the ribbon and it looks really classy. I just use the recipe off the molasses jar.

• DawnPratt23
    November 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

main.jpg

mBlog has tons of creative ideas that are very helpful. This site is something that I will continue to check for new ideas and recipes. I will be trying this recipe this fall, I love cranberries, and this one is close to the same cranberry recipe my Grandma used to make. 

http://community.macys.com/t5/Happenings/Have-A-Cran-berry-Happy-Thanksgiving/ba-p/12740

• Wish2Be
    by Wish2Be
    November 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM

This Christmas I plan to have a small gathering at my home. I will decorate...make home made treats (chocolates ) as take home gifts and will be serving Gluwein and Dessert :)

Its just going to be one of those after dinner hang out deals :)

I think it will be a good idea...especially since I will be on a tight budget and cannot get gifts for everyone in my family this year. :(

• goddess99
    November 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

We normally don't entertain but the mblogs have some really cute fashion  ideas for when we head out at Christmastime.

• mrswillie
    November 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting Apr1l:

We love having a fire in our living room fireplace, its so cozy, our guests love it too.  We have very cold winters where I live, but the fireplace is nice to sit by and play a game or make smores indoor =D 

I saw these curtains on the mblog its great idea having curtains that help keep your home warm and insulate, and they look nice too bonus 

line.jpg

image1.jpg

Get Cozy

Reflect the colors of the season inside your home as well as out. The best place to start? Curtains! A quick switch of your window treatment can easily transform the look of any room. I love these by Pella. Not only do they come in a variety of Fall colors but they’re also energy-efficient – so you can keep warm inside & save money too!

We are the same, but the fire is in the wood stove. I also have pine wax melting.

• Madelaine
    November 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Interesting!

• gacgbaker
    November 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I try to make a lot of things ahead of time and freeze them- the rolls you can make to a point, then freeze and bake fresh.  Other things like that.