Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MrsDrewsMom
A Beka Academy DVD program
March 7 at 12:41 PM
Has anyone ever used this program? Can you tell me about it? Does it have due dates for the work to turned in?

Replies

• LostTheSlipper
    March 7 at 12:52 PM

Have never used it, though I consider buying it about 1/4 of the way into this year for Bible for DS (9th grade)  - but man, the price for ONE class was painful.

I don't know if you've actually seen it, and am not sure if they have samples online, but I would HiGHLY recommend going to an Abeka Materials Display in your area (they usually start having them in March and April - you can enter your zip code on their site to find one near you) because they show the DVD samples for various classes and grades while you are there, and the sales reps are EXTREMELY helpful. They will spend time with you to answer all your questions and give you all the details.

Other than that I can't personally give you any info regarding them, but there are a lot of ladies here so hopefully someone will have more info for you. :)

• libbybell
    March 7 at 1:03 PM
    I have used it for several years. You have a year to mail back the dvds. There are 170 lessons.
  • MrsDrewsMom
    March 7 at 1:37 PM
    So during the year you don't have any certain dates that things have to be turned in?

Quoting libbybell: I have used it for several years. You have a year to mail back the dvds. There are 170 lessons.
  • MrsDrewsMom
    March 7 at 1:37 PM
    Thank you

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

http://www.abeka.com/MaterialsDisplay/Default.aspx?zip=&distance=20

Hopefully the link works for you.

• MrsDrewsMom
    March 7 at 1:39 PM
    From what I looked at I can do everything for less than $1000. That's the dvds and materials.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Have never used it, though I consider buying it about 1/4 of the way into this year for Bible for DS (9th grade)  - but man, the price for ONE class was painful.

I don't know if you've actually seen it, and am not sure if they have samples online, but I would HiGHLY recommend going to an Abeka Materials Display in your area (they usually start having them in March and April - you can enter your zip code on their site to find one near you) because they show the DVD samples for various classes and grades while you are there, and the sales reps are EXTREMELY helpful. They will spend time with you to answer all your questions and give you all the details.

Other than that I can't personally give you any info regarding them, but there are a lot of ladies here so hopefully someone will have more info for you. :)

• LostTheSlipper
    March 7 at 2:10 PM

Quoting MrsDrewsMom: From what I looked at I can do everything for less than $1000. That's the dvds and materials.
    Quoting LostTheSlipper:

If you can, that's great. The one class I looked at was like $349 or something though. I was already past budget for DS for this year, so nooooooooope. LOL.

• libbybell
    March 8 at 10:53 AM
    No as long as everything is return by a year. They use your start date. I usually turn in each set as they are finished. It is free postage, you just print it out.

Quoting MrsDrewsMom: So during the year you don't have any certain dates that things have to be turned in?

Quoting libbybell: I have used it for several years. You have a year to mail back the dvds. There are 170 lessons.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts