Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
AutasticMomx2
I messed up big time
March 3 at 6:53 PM
I feel like an awful mom. In my postpartum haze and frustration I threatened to send my son back to ps next year if he didn't straighten up. Now it looks like we might have to send him back and I feel horrible. I'm not usually one to threaten. :(

Replies

• ezsrivers
    March 3 at 11:47 PM
    You might send him back to PS because you threatened to or for other reasons? I wouldn't say much to him, wait until you know for sure and I explain the actual reasons.
  • debramommyof4
    March 4 at 12:04 AM
    I have done it. It backfires when you have one who wants to go. Don't feel bad and if you do need to send him back make it a positive spin not negative
  • Scribbleprints
    March 4 at 2:22 AM

I've threatened that too.  I agree with others...wait until you know for sure to tell him, and then make sure he knows that it's not because of anything he did, but because of other reasons.  Make sure he knows too that when you told him he'd have to go to public school if he didn't straigten up, that you didn't know that it might be something he'd have to do anyways.

• AutasticMomx2
    March 4 at 10:02 AM
    Other reasons. Thanks

Quoting ezsrivers: You might send him back to PS because you threatened to or for other reasons? I wouldn't say much to him, wait until you know for sure and I explain the actual reasons.
  • AutasticMomx2
    March 4 at 10:03 AM
    Thanks.

Quoting Scribbleprints:

I've threatened that too.  I agree with others...wait until you know for sure to tell him, and then make sure he knows that it's not because of anything he did, but because of other reasons.  Make sure he knows too that when you told him he'd have to go to public school if he didn't straigten up, that you didn't know that it might be something he'd have to do anyways.

• doriselm
    March 4 at 2:39 PM

I don't think, there is a homeschool teacher who doesn't get frustrated at one time or another and her child(ren), because they can be very testing. We put foot in mouth and chomp down and before we know it what we didn't mean is said. I ahve said it, only not public school, which my younger kids have never attended, but private school. It's just one of those things we do at times. It's not the end of the world. I always think that if we are honest with our kids, they will understand, maybe not be happy. That doesn't mean we have to tell our children everything going on, but what concerns them and will be a change for them needs to be explained with truth. However, unless you know for sure that he will be going, don't say anymore, for right now. He will be okay and don't feel bad. If he does have to go back to ps, please please watch what he learns, it is getting so crazy in the schools and the crap they learn is really despicable. Let's hope and pray common core will truly leave our schools. Public schools were always pretty okay, but the last few years have been disastrous for the children. Our children are our futures, we need to make sure they learn what is needed not all the extras they push on them now. Sounds like you are the caring type so your little guy will be fine. 

• AutasticMomx2
    March 4 at 5:53 PM
    Thank you. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loses it. We are always very honest with him, so we will do that. Thanks.

Quoting doriselm:

I don't think, there is a homeschool teacher who doesn't get frustrated at one time or another and her child(ren), because they can be very testing. We put foot in mouth and chomp down and before we know it what we didn't mean is said. I ahve said it, only not public school, which my younger kids have never attended, but private school. It's just one of those things we do at times. It's not the end of the world. I always think that if we are honest with our kids, they will understand, maybe not be happy. That doesn't mean we have to tell our children everything going on, but what concerns them and will be a change for them needs to be explained with truth. However, unless you know for sure that he will be going, don't say anymore, for right now. He will be okay and don't feel bad. If he does have to go back to ps, please please watch what he learns, it is getting so crazy in the schools and the crap they learn is really despicable. Let's hope and pray common core will truly leave our schools. Public schools were always pretty okay, but the last few years have been disastrous for the children. Our children are our futures, we need to make sure they learn what is needed not all the extras they push on them now. Sounds like you are the caring type so your little guy will be fine. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts