Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
LostTheSlipper
HS Moms Show & Tell of the Week 2/27/17: Favorite Middle School Book
February 28 at 11:49 AM

So ladies, if your kids are at the middle school level, or past it already, what is your favorite book you used for thise level in school?

What makes it your favorite?

Are there resources to go with it?

Are there other books like it?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    February 28 at 1:57 PM
    Mine are just getting to the middle school age so I would love to hear ideas.
  • LostTheSlipper
    March 7 at 12:45 PM

As I was doing the high school post  it finally clicked which one I enjoyed best for Middle School. It was Milton Hershey: More Than Chocolate by Janet and Geoff Benge.

Milton Hershey: More Than Chocolate   -     By: Janet Benge, Geoff Benge

I originally picked this book because DS LOVES candy and chocolate and I thought that it would be more appealing to him because of that. Overall it was a really interesting book, with a lot of possibilities for activities you can do along with it.

I believe it IS a Christian book but I don't remember (not 100% sure though) it being overly "preachy" or anything like that if you're not a Christian. It's actually a pretty easy read (so you could pre-read it fairly quickly if you're worried about it) but I felt it was worth it for DS to read.

This books also comes from a series of similar books for other people as well. I've used different ones here and there.

• Scribbleprints
    March 10 at 11:45 PM

I have two in middle school, but they are not homeschooled (only my youngest).  But they are voracious readers...and not only did they love the Origami Yoda series but they got me to love it too.  I like the story, I like the message of it, the humor is actually funny (even if you're not in middle school)...all that.

Save

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts