Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
PromisedOne
handwriting practice
February 17 at 3:14 PM

i have seen on pinterest and the internet about people making their own handwriting practice notebooks using a 3-ring binder with the letter sheets in plastic sleeve protectors. It says they can use dry erase markers to practice, then wipe off and do it again no problem. Sometimes dry erase markers don't write well on that slick plastic. Has anyone tried this? did it work? what did you use?

Replies

• AutasticMomx2
    February 17 at 9:33 PM
    I haven't done handwriting, but I've used photo books and dry erase markers for math flashcards with no problem.
  • Scribbleprints
    February 18 at 9:42 PM

I've done dry erase markers on plastic sleeve protectors.  It works fine unless the sheets get bent.   Erase them right away because it's easier for the plastic to get bent if you're trying to erase dried on dry-erase marker.  I also sometimes have put cardstock behind the print-outs I've put in plastic sleeves to keep that from happening...makes them sturdier, less easier for the child to bend up, and you can remove and use the cardstock later if you want.   I've never had a problem with the dry erase not writing on the plastic.   We use mainly the smaller tipped Quartet dry erase markers with the erasers on the cap (easier not to loose the erasers that way, and the smaller tip works well for writing practice).  Don't remember what type of sleeve protector we use because I've thrown away the package.

• coala
    by coala
    February 20 at 11:14 PM

We did this with a lot of different workbooks when my kids were younger.  The dry erase markers, the good quality ones like Expo do write on those sheets.  You should wipe them off rather quickly and not let them sit for long periods of time, because then you will NEVER get that stuff off.

• collinsmommy0
    Kim
    February 23 at 1:14 PM
    I've seen this done in schools.

However, as a homeschooler, I would just buy a write & wipe workbook (they run about $5-$10) or a regular paper workbook instead. It's not worth the work, IMO, to make a write & wipe one.
  • TeeterTotter
    February 28 at 11:22 PM
    We haven't tried that, but we use the A to Z magnatabs for handwriting and the kiddos really enjoy them.
  • SLM016
    by SLM016
    March 1 at 9:20 AM

I have done it and with the standard dry erase markers it doesn't work well. However, with the dry erase markers I just shared on my Instagram page it works because they work more like a pen. You can find me @crystal_green521 on Instagram. ;) 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts