Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
502Amandab
New cottage school teacher!!
February 2 at 8:48 PM
I'm so excited
I got a job today teaching 4 classes on Thursdays for the local homeschool goup's cottage school. With my new position (starts in September) I'll make good money, get a discount for my daughter to attend other classes, and she'll attend my class for free (I wasn't about to pay for her to be in my class anyway lol)
Plus I get to pick all my own plans and subjects. I'm so excited for this! I'll teach art and science, a class of each for primary, and a class for each for middle school aged kids..I'm sure I'll narrow that down a little more once I plan my schedule. I sat in on one of the current STEM classes today and it was so cool. The kids were awesome.
I can't wait to be a part of it!

Replies

• shadowmoon
    February 16 at 3:13 AM

Sounds fun.   If you can, you should take a picture of the cottage school.  I've never heard of something like that before.   

• 502Amandab
    February 16 at 8:23 AM
    It's really cool. They hold the school in an unused wing of a big old Presbyterian Church. The rooms are old and big and I LOVE it! I'll be sure to take pics of my classroom once I have it set up.
    The school is 2 days a week, 4 hours a day, but the 2nd day is optional. Tuesday classes are one price for all day with an extra elective hour optional, and Thursday is an a la carte day where each class is optional. Tuesdays we go over some core subjects but keep it fun.. Basically I get the good side of teaching...Fun projects and crafts I'm every class without the stress of tests lol.
    My Thursday classes are elementary school STEM, middle school STEM and an art class for each group as well. Literally building every day.
    They also have a certified ASL interpreter who teaches sign language, a theater class, a music class, and more. It's awesome

Quoting shadowmoon:

Sounds fun.   If you can, you should take a picture of the cottage school.  I've never heard of something like that before.   

• gramabrenda
    February 16 at 5:53 PM

I want a job like that. WoW!!!!!! I am excited for you and praying for you as you and your daughter enter this phase of life. Thanks for sharing your excitement and opening the door to new  models of teaching/homeschool. 

Quoting 502Amandab: It's really cool. They hold the school in an unused wing of a big old Presbyterian Church. The rooms are old and big and I LOVE it! I'll be sure to take pics of my classroom once I have it set up. The school is 2 days a week, 4 hours a day, but the 2nd day is optional. Tuesday classes are one price for all day with an extra elective hour optional, and Thursday is an a la carte day where each class is optional. Tuesdays we go over some core subjects but keep it fun.. Basically I get the good side of teaching...Fun projects and crafts I'm every class without the stress of tests lol. My Thursday classes are elementary school STEM, middle school STEM and an art class for each group as well. Literally building every day. They also have a certified ASL interpreter who teaches sign language, a theater class, a music class, and more. It's awesome
    Quoting shadowmoon:

• 502Amandab
    February 17 at 8:43 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is one of the classrooms 😁 not mine, but the one across the hall. I love the tall ceilings!!!

Quoting shadowmoon:

• shadowmoon
    February 17 at 5:53 PM

The classroom looks  nice and the classes that are there sound interesting.  I like the idea of the ASL classes and it is good to see music and art being part of the curriculum.  

• letstalk747
    February 22 at 9:56 AM

Very exciting for sure.

• letstalk747
    February 22 at 9:58 AM

Very cool.

Quoting shadowmoon:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts