Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
flsunshine52
Co-parenting and Co-homeschooling
August 7 at 5:04 PM

My ex-husband and I have agreed to homeschool our 8 year daughter for 3rd grade on a trial basis for the first quarter. Homeschooling and co-parenting are both new concepts for me but we are all wanting to do what is best for our daughter. 

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    August 7 at 10:30 PM

I hope it works out well.

• mem82
    by mem82
    August 8 at 7:58 AM
    Good luck! Communication and a united front is all you need to make this work. 8)
  • kmath
    by kmath
    August 8 at 9:16 AM

As long as you guys are on the same page, you guys will be fine.  My ex and I did it this year and it worked out fine after we made a few adjustments. 

• sweetfox3
    August 9 at 8:14 AM

Communication.  I would definitely discuss how you would co-teach.  What is the visitation like?  If very regular and often, you might each choose different subjects to teach or agree on the resource to use to teach math and english, then each of you choose which subjects she will learn at your house.  Alternatively, you could have her entire curriculum go back and forth between homes and both teach everything.

• kirbymom
    August 9 at 11:55 AM
    Great advice! I agree. :)

Quoting sweetfox3:

Communication.  I would definitely discuss how you would co-teach.  What is the visitation like?  If very regular and often, you might each choose different subjects to teach or agree on the resource to use to teach math and english, then each of you choose which subjects she will learn at your house.  Alternatively, you could have her entire curriculum go back and forth between homes and both teach everything.

• flsunshine52
    August 11 at 8:28 PM

We are working hard at the communicating.. Both of us agreed on the curriculum and it goes back and forth between houses (>5 miles away). I have her Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday until 1pm and then she goes to her dad's. We alternate Friday, Saturday and Sunday every other week....

Thanks everyone for the comments.... I am pray everything continues smoothly.

• KrissyKC
    August 11 at 10:30 PM
    So he gets eow for three days? Id have him teach either science or social studies entirely at his place and send a folder of homework (reading and math practice.)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN