It's August! What are you doing?
by mem82
August 4 at 7:57 AM
Tell me about it!

Replies

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    August 4 at 9:32 AM
    Busy, Busy!!! The rush is on. Last month to do our trips our amusement parks. Need to get full use of our tickets. I have to buy paramount tickets for the theater soon. My co-op planning is in full gear. Our first planning meeting is next week. We are doing a class on colonial history in September. We are taking a field trip to colonial Williamsburg the third week in September. I am also working with our small hobby farm. I sell eggs every Wednesday at the market. This is the last month. We just moved our chicks and keets to a new area. We also are doing two school days per week starting last month.
  • JadeTigr7
    August 4 at 9:40 AM

We're going to FL.

• No_Difference
    August 4 at 9:46 AM

This first week is fair week for 4H Jamie is showing her rabbit today. Depending on how well she does today will determine how much more difficult the rest of the week will be because:
    On Thursday super early morning, we head out to WI.
    So, if she wins any prize money, and we take it out early, she will have to forfeit her prize money OR we are going to have to find someone willing to bring it home for us since our bunny sitter doesn't get back home til Saturday (apparently everyone around here travels in August...)

Saturday we have a wedding to attend to, and we're catching up with hubby's side of the family Sunday, and Monday morning. Monday evening we make our way back to my parents house and get the kids and dog settled in completely, and then hubby and I are taking the honeymoon we never had and going to Cabo (...one does not turn down an all inclusive trip.... ;)  )  Then we get back to my parents and visit friends and family for a week before we head home.
    We get back home the 23rd I believe, and start school the 25th...unless we're so overwhelemed, then we'll push it back to the next week, starting on Labor Day.  

• NYCitymomx3
    August 4 at 10:54 AM

I'm doing a lot of research on homeschooling 8th grade.  I want to practice doing transcripts this year so I'm ready for high school next year.  Dd20 is graduating from cosmetology school at the end of the month and already has an incredible opportunity lined up.  Dd17 will be doing several professional dance projects in August (music video, tv show, back-up dancing at major venue, featured dancer at smaller venue).  Ds13 is just relaxing and enjoying his summer.  We might all go to Lake Compounce (amusement park) in a couple of weeks.

• bluerooffarm
    August 4 at 11:21 AM

We have 9 days in!  Woohooo!  We covered bats.  Oldest read a folktale about bats and wrote a paragraph explaining why they are "difficult" to classify and why they are certainly mammals.  Then we went to Laurel Caverns.  It was a lot of fun, but we found out that the bats are almost all gone.  They got White Nose disease and it decimated their numbers.  So now we are learning how we can facilitate the bats here.  The boys are building a bat house.

We also tested their math from last year to see how much we would need to review...None!  YAY!  So we are just doing some Life of Fred for a couple weeks.

We are covering native American tribes and the "discoverers" Chris Columbus, Magellan, Vespucci, the Vikings, etc.  Getting set to start some American History this year.

• Precious333
    August 4 at 11:23 AM
    Playing, beach, swimming pool, parties and las vegas. Also I have to buy school supplies and school starts august 18th
  • kmath
    by kmath
    August 4 at 11:27 AM

We are 8 days in and so far it has gone well.  I am getting set up to do a shark week next week.  D is super excited about that.  The kids I watch go back to school on the 18th so D and I can really get going then.  We are going to take a field trip on the kids first full day back.  I haven't decided where yet.  D gets to play catch on the field before a Ray's baseball game at the end of August when we go visit family.  That is pretty much all the exciting stuff for this month. 

• craftyzenmom
    August 4 at 12:18 PM

Surf camp, Art camp, grandma recruited to take 11 yo to first One Direction concert, Shakespearefest rehearsals, getting my novel units pulled together and putting math program puzzle pieces together (6th grade). Nice ending to summer and easy cruise into fall.....

• KrissyKC
    August 4 at 7:15 PM

Lets see here....

Family Vacation in a little over a week.    We are just going a couple hours south and will be meeting more family at another family member's place.   It will be fun.   Our motel has a pool and there is a big state park with lots of water activities.   Plus we will do bonfires and games and such.

When we get back, I will get a half week break before we start school and they start classes at one co-op.  I'm teaching at the one that starts in September and so is my hubs, so we are also prepping for that.

I'm both excited and overwhelmed at our upcoming year!!  

• KrissyKC
    August 4 at 7:17 PM

What about you Mem?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts