Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Mandallyn
PA MOMS!!
July 27 at 11:28 AM

Do you sumbit your child's medical report with your affidavit?  Or just a print out with their height and weight from the doctor's office?  (I was just going to do the height weight and immunization record.)

I haven't been able to schedule my son's dental appt before Aug 1st so I plan on having him go after.  Do I have to present that with his affidavit?  Last year he went to public school so I just included that with the affidavit.  He's having his eye's looked at on July 31st (yeah... we're cutting it close.)  

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    July 27 at 11:33 AM

You don't need to send any of that.  You send an affidavit that tells the state that they have their immunizations and regular medical appointments.  They are not allowed to ask for an actual copy of your immunization record unless they have proof that you haven't actually given them.  You aren't "cutting it close."  The law states that over the course of the school year your child should see a doctor, have a hearing test (done at doc's visit), have an eye exam, have a dental check up.  So as long as it's done before your appointment in June, you are fine.

• bluerooffarm
    July 27 at 11:42 AM

Here's what my affidavit looks like.  I send this and a copy of the objectives for each child.  Hope it shows up okay:

• Mandallyn
    July 27 at 11:50 AM
    Thank you! I'm so relieved to hear that!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

You don't need to send any of that.  You send an affidavit that tells the state that they have their immunizations and regular medical appointments.  They are not allowed to ask for an actual copy of your immunization record unless they have proof that you haven't actually given them.  You aren't "cutting it close."  The law states that over the course of the school year your child should see a doctor, have a hearing test (done at doc's visit), have an eye exam, have a dental check up.  So as long as it's done before your appointment in June, you are fine.

• Mandallyn
    July 27 at 11:51 AM
    I can see it, looks great. My affidavit is similar, not quite as professional looking as yours. I'll be dropping it off on Monday now that you've cleared that up for me. Thanks again!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Here's what my affidavit looks like.  I send this and a copy of the objectives for each child.  Hope it shows up okay:

• bluerooffarm
    July 27 at 12:26 PM

You're welcome!

Quoting Mandallyn: Thank you! I'm so relieved to hear that!
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

• Nashuasmom
    July 28 at 1:05 PM
    I gave a copy of my sons most recent well check which just happened to be a physical because he went to K.
    I gave them a copy of immunizations that the Dr printed for us.
    I gave no proof of dental, and they didn't say anything.
    Our district has an affidavit on their website. You just have to sign here and there and write in child's name and age.
    I thought this was a state wide form, but I guess not.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN