Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
JadensMommy2
Diploma Fiasco
July 22 at 5:20 PM

It all started with a move across country.  

The box with IMPORTANT wrote in big letters was lost.  My diploma and college degree was lost.  I need them to file my intent to home school form.  

My highschool is closed & my state doesn't have copies since it was a private school.  

My college takes 4-6 weeks to mail transcripts.  

School starts in 4 weeks here!!   Will I have to enroll him?  

I'm freaking out!   =(  

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 22 at 8:48 PM
    Your college should have a copy of your diploma or transcript. Call them and see what they can do.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    July 22 at 8:49 PM
    What state did you move to?
  • TJandKarasMom
    July 23 at 8:45 PM
    You need a high school diploma AND a college degree? Obviously you have a diploma (or the equivalent) if you have a college degree...so I would argue that if it is an issue. I would file as a homeschooler and send whatever you do have...by the time they write back saying you need to include your degree, you will probably have your degree (if you request it now). Or even include a letter stating that you are waiting for official paperwork from your college and you will send that along as soon as you have it. I would not enroll him in ps, personally...but then again I am not a lawyer or expert and I don't know what the state is like..what state is it?
  • KrissyKC
    July 25 at 3:39 AM
    This. Word for word.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: You need a high school diploma AND a college degree? Obviously you have a diploma (or the equivalent) if you have a college degree...so I would argue that if it is an issue. I would file as a homeschooler and send whatever you do have...by the time they write back saying you need to include your degree, you will probably have your degree (if you request it now). Or even include a letter stating that you are waiting for official paperwork from your college and you will send that along as soon as you have it. I would not enroll him in ps, personally...but then again I am not a lawyer or expert and I don't know what the state is like..what state is it?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN