Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Reina13
How often do you take breaks?
by Reina13
July 14 at 3:07 PM

How often do you take breaks during the school year? I am looking at scheduling and I wonder if it wouldn't be easier for now to follow the public school calender but I would like input into what other families do as far as length of school year and break schedules. 

Replies

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 14 at 3:24 PM
    Right now we mostly follow the public school schedule. We don't take all the same days off as they do and sometimes we take our breaks before them so that we will be off when dh is home. I am trying to see if we can do some kind of year round schooling that follows his off/on schedule. If not, we'll stick to this.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    July 14 at 5:29 PM
    Thanksgiving, 2 weeks in the fall and spring, whole month of June, and then whenever we need them usually a day here or there. My kids do better than they don't have breaks last too long. Try different schedules and see how they work.
  • GodsAmiga
    July 14 at 10:50 PM

We take breaks as needed. Summer is lighter so they can go outside and play but we still do school here and there. Last year was kindergarten so I didn't stress about how many days off we took. This coming year we will see. :-)

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 15 at 12:02 AM

We take them when we need them, plus a couple of weeks around Christmas.  Last year I stayed pretty close to the school calendar because DS gets distracted by the kids I watch when they are out of school.  This year he is just going to have to deal with it.  We will just have less structure when they are out of school.

• coala
    by coala
    July 15 at 11:27 AM
    We do 6 on 1 off. Using that week off to either finish what we didn't get done or prep the next 6 weeks.

Currently we are in our second week off and won't start back until 7/28. We are in the middle of moving and I can't keep up with lessons and drive between 2 houses several times a day.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN