Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Dawn07
Calling all year round homeschoolers.
by Dawn07
July 14 at 1:42 PM

I 'm trying to find a way to follow Dh's work schedule. He works two weeks on/off. We tend to be able to concentrate more when he's working than when he's not. However, I can't figure out the 180 day thing. I don't know if it just isn't possible or if I'm too close to the situation to see it clearly. What do ya'll think? Is there a way to at least loosely follow this schedule and still get our days?

Replies

• Precious333
    July 14 at 1:48 PM
    Can you do a few days of schooling when he is home, like use those days for field trips and special educational activities?
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 14 at 2:14 PM
    When we do school when he's home it's usually the basics that don't require a lot of effort for me, because I usually end up having to help him with stuff. We'll do things like spelling and reading.

Quoting Precious333: Can you do a few days of schooling when he is home, like use those days for field trips and special educational activities?
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 14 at 2:28 PM

So if he's on half the year, that's 162 days (that includes weekends) that you'd be able to school while he's away.  So for those other 18 days, can you do just the basic and do the additional hours/material on the days when he's gone?  That's a rough situation....

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 14 at 2:38 PM
    Hmm I hadn't thought about adding in the weekends. 18 days wouldn't be hard to fill in after that.

Quoting hwblyf:

So if he's on half the year, that's 162 days (that includes weekends) that you'd be able to school while he's away.  So for those other 18 days, can you do just the basic and do the additional hours/material on the days when he's gone?  That's a rough situation....

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 14 at 4:38 PM

I think initially I would have a hard time working on the weekends, but if you then take 2 weeks off, it wouldn't be so bad.

Quoting Dawn07: Hmm I hadn't thought about adding in the weekends. 18 days wouldn't be hard to fill in after that.
    Quoting hwblyf:

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 14 at 4:44 PM
    That was my first reaction too. But I would be trading two days for two weeks. Hmm, something to think about.

Quoting hwblyf:

I think initially I would have a hard time working on the weekends, but if you then take 2 weeks off, it wouldn't be so bad.

Quoting Dawn07: Hmm I hadn't thought about adding in the weekends. 18 days wouldn't be hard to fill in after that.

Quoting hwblyf:

• anzm33
    by anzm33
    July 14 at 4:49 PM
    We do all year with 2 months off 4 day weeks we cant concentrate with my husband at home either but thats as thin as I was able to stretch it (we also must keep 180 days)
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 14 at 5:07 PM
    Gotta love those husbands lol.

Quoting anzm33: We do all year with 2 months off 4 day weeks we cant concentrate with my husband at home either but thats as thin as I was able to stretch it (we also must keep 180 days)
  • KrissyKC
    July 14 at 5:14 PM
    Two weeks full school, two weeks two-three days and a field trip?

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 14 at 5:21 PM
    I don't know if this will help or make things more complicated. His hitch begins and ends on Thursday. He'll leave Wednesday evenings and come home Thursday evenings.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts