Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
'You like to stay busy, don't you?'
by mem82
June 23 at 8:13 AM
That's what my mil just said to me because it's the start of VBS week and the kids were talking about it. Lol I don't really want to be busy! It just happens.

How busy have you been so far?

Replies

• irvinehiker
    June 23 at 8:54 AM
    Lol! That sounds like my life. I never try to be busy, it just happens. Last week was drama camp, park play dates, and plumbing work on the house. This week is sewing lessons for dd and babysitting for me....so far. Im sure more will pop up through out the week. Vbs is coming up soon for us too.
  • Bluecalm
    June 23 at 8:57 AM
    I've been told I like to run the streets lol.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 23 at 9:17 AM
    Honestly I don't know how not to be busy. Even when I am home I always have a bunch of things to do. I love all the things we do and wouldn't change a thing. I have lightened my schedule next year. It was too much. I added another full day at home.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    June 23 at 9:26 AM
    We sound like twins!

Quoting irvinehiker: Lol! That sounds like my life. I never try to be busy, it just happens. Last week was drama camp, park play dates, and plumbing work on the house. This week is sewing lessons for dd and babysitting for me....so far. Im sure more will pop up through out the week. Vbs is coming up soon for us too.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    June 23 at 9:26 AM
    Haha! Lol

Quoting Bluecalm: I've been told I like to run the streets lol.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    June 23 at 9:27 AM
    During the school year we struggle to keep our schedule slower because of school.

Quoting jen2150: Honestly I don't know how not to be busy. Even when I am home I always have a bunch of things to do. I love all the things we do and wouldn't change a thing. I have lightened my schedule next year. It was too much. I added another full day at home.
  • bluerooffarm
    June 23 at 10:39 AM

For some reason, My MIL goes back and forth between I'm too lazy to get a job and I keep us all too busy to visit.  LOL  We always have a lot going on, but there are 5 of us!  There's church (I'm on the board), the fine arts co-op where I organize the sip and stitch for the parents, the other co-op where I tutor language arts and editing for the high schoolers, soccer, VBS, Junior Church, Faith Builders Institute (FBI), and of course homeschooling and running a businees.  But they are only young once.  I can rest when they are in college...... and anyone who knows that I really won't, keep it to yourself because I really need something to look forward to!  LOL

• Mandallyn
    June 23 at 11:42 AM
    I wish I could be busier, at least with homeschooling. It's been a struggle this last year, hopefully this coming school year dh and I will be able to plan around his school and my work so that we can take the kids on more field trips. It's been a hard transition for me going from being a homeschooling SAHM to a working one. :/
  • Bethbeth
    June 23 at 3:24 PM

my hubby says that to me, lol. I can't stand staying home all day with 3 young kids.

• tiredmomfor2
    June 24 at 8:07 AM
    We are always into something.
    But if you were into less stuff, you know you would be getting the 'You need to socialize them' speech. *facepalm*
    I was just telling my anti homeschool MIL last week. (she is always telling me to get them out and about) that whoever thought homeschoolers are unsocialized should meet our family. We are booked through September at this point!
    I like being busy, but kind of miss when they were smaller and had less 'fun'. lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts