Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kathy39
Withdrawing from school
by kathy39
June 15 at 10:24 AM

Hi friends, my daughter will be homeschooled come Fall, I have given my letter of intent to the school board. do I have to disenroll them as well from school?

Thanks

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    June 15 at 10:38 AM
    It depends on what state you're in, I think.
  • sweetr0se
    June 15 at 11:11 AM

Yes you will when you get the records from one school to the next.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    June 15 at 12:50 PM

I sent the school a courtesy note so they would not be left hanging, since I know communication isn't always the greatest.  I did mine in the middle of summer.  For the one I withdrew in the middle of the year, I kept sending in the, "my child won't be at school today" until I got the letter of acceptance from the district to homeschool.  They knew we were headed in that direction, but I didn't officially tell them, I kinda thought it was obvious.  :)

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 15 at 2:07 PM

I didn't have to withdraw them.  I did talk to the ladies up front just as a curtesy but didn't have to fill out any paperwork because he wasn't going to another school.

• kathy39
    by kathy39
    June 15 at 5:52 PM

Yes, that makes sense. I will do a follow up call to the school just to double check. thanks everyonesmile mini

• Codysmom2106
    June 15 at 8:18 PM

In my state I had to take in my letter of intent that I received from the dept of Ed and officially withdraw him. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts