Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kathy39
Withdrawing from school
by kathy39
June 15 at 10:24 AM

Hi friends, my daughter will be homeschooled come Fall, I have given my letter of intent to the school board. do I have to disenroll them as well from school?

Thanks

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    June 15 at 10:38 AM
    It depends on what state you're in, I think.
  • sweetr0se
    June 15 at 11:11 AM

Yes you will when you get the records from one school to the next.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    June 15 at 12:50 PM

I sent the school a courtesy note so they would not be left hanging, since I know communication isn't always the greatest.  I did mine in the middle of summer.  For the one I withdrew in the middle of the year, I kept sending in the, "my child won't be at school today" until I got the letter of acceptance from the district to homeschool.  They knew we were headed in that direction, but I didn't officially tell them, I kinda thought it was obvious.  :)

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 15 at 2:07 PM

I didn't have to withdraw them.  I did talk to the ladies up front just as a curtesy but didn't have to fill out any paperwork because he wasn't going to another school.

• kathy39
    by kathy39
    June 15 at 5:52 PM

Yes, that makes sense. I will do a follow up call to the school just to double check. thanks everyonesmile mini

• Codysmom2106
    June 15 at 8:18 PM

In my state I had to take in my letter of intent that I received from the dept of Ed and officially withdraw him. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN