Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Reina13
Are your kids creative?
by Reina13
June 11 at 12:07 PM

One of my older kids is creative and very artsy, the other is more analytic, the one we are considering homeschooling is a combination of both. When he is focused on something, he wants to know all the ins and outs of it. When he is being creative it is like he is in his own little world.

Are your children more creative, analytic or a mix of both?

Replies

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 11 at 12:37 PM
    My oldest is creative and analytical and my youngest is artsy and creative. I am creative and neither analytical or artsy.
  • coala
    by coala
    June 11 at 3:47 PM

It really depends on the situation.  I have one that is creative in the dramatic sense and creates games to play.  The other is more creative in the artsy way.  I foster both talents and let them do whatever it is that they LOVE.

• Scribbleprints
    June 12 at 12:04 AM

My first is very creative...writes his own comics, loves to draw, comes up with crazy ideas and often follows through on them.  

My second I thought wasn't creative.  He didn't like open ended questions, liked non-fiction better than fiction, and rarely ever drew until he was four.  But at some point in time I told him that there was no wrong way to draw and no wrong way to color, and he started coloring pages with intricate and colorful patterns, and I was blown away this year with some of the thing he draws or paints now.  Poetry also...he said he hated it but this year in school (he's not homeschooled) he came home with two poems He wrote and again I was blown away (ok...I'm biased, but it's partially because I know how much he struggles coming up with ideas).  So, while creativity doesn't come easily to him, and he struggles with that, out of that struggle comes some incredibly creative things.  

In the past I've though of creativity as something you had or didn't...but now I'm seeing through him that it's something that can develop with time and practice just like any other skill.  

• chotovec82
    June 12 at 12:29 AM
    My four year old is creative and spacial. He builds the most elaborate things out of blocks, magnetic tiles, etc...

My eldest son was test for being gifted and talented; although he didn't score high enough to be considered either of those things, he was well above average in everything. However in the creativity department he was way above average.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN