Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
chotovec82
A mommy brag moment...
June 10 at 10:18 PM
I think many of you may remember how my eldest son (8) struggled to learn how to read last year. He also struggled some at the beginning of this year. Well he has recently picked up a few grade levels. Today we were at a used book store and he saw the book, "The War of the Worlds," by: H.G. Wells. He wanted me to buy the book for him and so I did. He's been reading the book for a couple of hours and is now on chapter four. I'm pretty excited. Now the book is not the original version; it's an adapted copy. It's from the Great Illustrated Classics line but still he's going into 3rd grade and that book is a 6.5 reading level. I'm one happy mama! Finally I feel like he's reading well. Oh and he is comprehending it as well. He tells me what's happening in the story (in his own words).

Replies

• Precious333
    June 10 at 10:29 PM
    Yay!!! Thats awesome mama! When they are ready, they're ready!!!
  • bluerooffarm
    June 10 at 10:43 PM

Way to go!!

• mamamedic69
    June 10 at 11:20 PM
    Yay!!!
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    June 11 at 8:10 AM

Awesome!!!!

• coala
    by coala
    June 11 at 2:16 PM

It's amazing when they can do that!

My youngest was reading an adapted version of Little Women last summer.  She was 5 and the reading level on it was a 3.5.

I love when they read and laugh and giggle at all the right spots and then get sad when the story line is changing.

I am so happy for your little man!!!

• debramommyof4
    June 12 at 12:36 PM
    That is so awesome

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts