Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bluerooffarm
Anyone use Editor-In-Chief for their grammar work?
June 10 at 12:26 PM

We have been using the Writers Inc Daily for practice in editing and using their grammar rules.  With my oldest, it works very well, but my middle son (starting 2nd) is not nearly as advanced in his reading and writing as my oldest was.  So I've been looking into a similar style as the Writers Inc materials where the student edits a paragraph for proper grammar and mechanics.  I found Editor-In-Chief from the Critical Thinking Company.  Has anyone had any experience with it?  It won't be our full curriculum, just the practice portion.  We hate the drilling worksheets, practical application sticks with my boys much more.

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    June 10 at 1:37 PM

I haven't used it, but I've looked at it. The reviews are great.

• bluerooffarm
    June 10 at 2:02 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

That does have me optimistic about it!  :-)  I trust the women on here more than the reviews on their website.  Have you seen it reviewed anywhere more neutral?

• AutymsMommy
    June 10 at 2:04 PM

Yep. The Well Trained Mind forums are teeming with homeschoolers using it - they must be happy with it, lol. It seems to be used primarily AFTER formal grammar studies - as a way to practice with editing what they've learned in previous years, kwim? I'm not sure why

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

That does have me optimistic about it!  :-)  I trust the women on here more than the reviews on their website.  Have you seen it reviewed anywhere more neutral?

• bluerooffarm
    June 10 at 2:27 PM

Thanks!  Going to check them out now.

That's exactly how I have always used the Writers Inc ones.  It's great practical skills use, but not until after they have the skills in memory.  It gives a good boost to their understanding.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yep. The Well Trained Mind forums are teeming with homeschoolers using it - they must be happy with it, lol. It seems to be used primarily AFTER formal grammar studies - as a way to practice with editing what they've learned in previous years, kwim? I'm not sure why

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN