Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
NicoleFW
Interview With a Home Schooling Mama for The Stir
June 9 at 7:29 AM

Hi!

My name is Nicole and I'm a senior staff writer for The Stir. I'm currently looking to interview a mother who home schools her child/children for the site.

If you're interested, please PM me or respond to this post, telling me a little bit about yourself. Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing from you!

-Nicole

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    June 9 at 8:38 AM

Hi Nicole. My name is Aimee; mom to DD12, DS5, and DS2. I would be interested in talking with you.

• Leissaintexas
    June 9 at 10:55 AM
    Hello, my name is Leissa, I've been homeschooling 2 children for going on 8 years now. I would be interested on speaking with you.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    June 9 at 11:40 AM

Are you planning to go the WifeSwap way and pick the most crazy, out there homeschooler you can find on this site? ;) 

I would love to see one of the more every day, regular Joe (Jill ? lol) types. So often in interviews, the most radical unschooler or hardcore fundamentalist homeschooler is chosen to represent all of us. 8)

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 9 at 11:54 AM
    I was wondering this as well. I would love to see some moms that more in the middle. We are a very diverse group of people.

Quoting mem82:

Are you planning to go the WifeSwap way and pick the most crazy, out there homeschooler you can find on this site? ;) 

I would love to see one of the more every day, regular Joe (Jill ? lol) types. So often in interviews, the most radical unschooler or hardcore fundamentalist homeschooler is chosen to represent all of us. 8)

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 9 at 1:08 PM

I agree with this.  Hopefully it will be either someone kind of middle ground or more than one homeschooler.  Otherwise the opinions can be so slanted.

Quoting mem82:

• Codysmom2106
    June 9 at 2:37 PM

Hi my name is Lisa. I just started homeschooling my son this year. He's in second grade and has a few disabilities. He has ADHD which he is no longer medicated for, CMT1a ans SPD. We use a mixture of curriculum some of which consists of math u see, apologia science, story of the world and shurley english. I supplement with flash cards and spectrum workbooks. 

• TJandKarasMom
    June 9 at 7:37 PM

I agree with this as well.  I would love to be interviewed, I think I'm a pretty middle of the road homeschooler.  Our kids left public school just a year ago, and I worked in the public school as well.  So we have experience on both sides. I have DS11.5 and DD10.5.  We chose to homeschool for a wide variety of reasons and we have had many ups and downs this year.

Quoting mem82:

• eesmommy
    June 9 at 7:47 PM
    Lol... I am soooooo NOT radical hahaha ask me anything.

Quoting mem82:

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    June 9 at 10:51 PM

Good point. If your looking or the real deal, normal every day homeschool Mom feel free to ask me anything. I am so plain jane, nonstructured, LOL It would be nice for an honest, straight forward approach was taken on the subject.

Quoting mem82:

• debramommyof4
    June 9 at 11:55 PM

Hi Nicole, My name is Debra.  I am mom to dd8,dd7,ds5 and dd4.  I have been homeschooling for 4 years.  I live in a home with 8 kids.  The 4 that homeschool are mine the other 4 are my friends who we all moved in together to save money.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN