Garage Sales!
by mem82
June 6 at 11:07 AM
I love them. How about you?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 6 at 11:47 AM

Love shopping them, not so much love for actually having one though.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 6 at 11:57 AM
    I keep meaning to go to some, but never make it.
  • Cafe MichelleP
    June 8 at 10:03 AM

My DH and I love them. You can find really amazing things.

• No_Difference
    June 8 at 10:41 AM

Doing one this weekend lol. Made $20 yesterday, which wasn't much, but not many stopped by. Hoping today goes a little better and can make some more, or at least get rid of the crap so I don't have to haul it to good will...all I know...this crap is NOT going back in my garage... 

• Bluerose1482
    June 8 at 11:27 AM

My dd8 loves them.  I honestly can think of 100 things I'd rather do with my Saturday, INCLUDING, sleep-in.  But every once in a while I'll spend a Saturday running her from sale to sale.  

• MomMomMomMama
    June 8 at 12:29 PM

JGot roped into a neighborhood sale and just had one Friday and Saturday - made $300 in two days - but things that I thought would sell didn't!   I recently lost weight and I had about 8 pairs for size 16 shorts that were just too big for me, but in perfect condition in different styles and colors, some with tags still on them, and not a pair sold - I was asking only $1 each the first day and 50 cents each the second day.   But our old camping cot  and folding chairs went for $10 total??!   I had a lot of Maurice's  shirts there too - again, some with tags on them that were relatively new and perfect condition, just too big - and they didn't sell either!    Our leaky electric chainsaw sold though - for $10 bucks (yes - I let them know it was leaking chain oil).   Whateves people!

• redhead-bedhead
    June 8 at 12:41 PM
    Love them! My grandma knows all about the best ones and we have made a few awesome finds.
  • coala
    by coala
    June 8 at 3:41 PM

LOVE them.....I don't go to them often because I spend money on stuff I don't need. 

We are however having one for our speed team again.  We are trying to raise money for our coach to get to Nationals.  We only have 2 skaters going and they are from the same family.  I feel like we did good with our last one...hoping to do good with this one too.

• suziejax
    June 8 at 10:34 PM

I love them to. It is such a great way to save $ big smile mini

• No_Difference
    June 9 at 7:16 AM

Our second day yesterday was an even bigger bust than the first day, with only 1 guy stopping, and then not buying anything. So it was a zero profit day. I saved some of the baby stuff for the neighbors who are expecting to look at since they didn't even come by to look, and I saved a bird house from my grandpa (its one of those huge ones that retails for over a few hundred dollars and I wasn't going under $50). Other than that, everything went to Goodwill. They can toss what they don't sell and then I won't feel guilty about it lol. Almost all that crap has been in my garage in boxes for 2-3 yeears...it was time for it to go. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts