Garage Sales!
by mem82
June 6 at 11:07 AM
I love them. How about you?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 6 at 11:47 AM

Love shopping them, not so much love for actually having one though.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 6 at 11:57 AM
    I keep meaning to go to some, but never make it.
  • Cafe MichelleP
    June 8 at 10:03 AM

My DH and I love them. You can find really amazing things.

• No_Difference
    June 8 at 10:41 AM

Doing one this weekend lol. Made $20 yesterday, which wasn't much, but not many stopped by. Hoping today goes a little better and can make some more, or at least get rid of the crap so I don't have to haul it to good will...all I know...this crap is NOT going back in my garage... 

• Bluerose1482
    June 8 at 11:27 AM

My dd8 loves them.  I honestly can think of 100 things I'd rather do with my Saturday, INCLUDING, sleep-in.  But every once in a while I'll spend a Saturday running her from sale to sale.  

• MomMomMomMama
    June 8 at 12:29 PM

JGot roped into a neighborhood sale and just had one Friday and Saturday - made $300 in two days - but things that I thought would sell didn't!   I recently lost weight and I had about 8 pairs for size 16 shorts that were just too big for me, but in perfect condition in different styles and colors, some with tags still on them, and not a pair sold - I was asking only $1 each the first day and 50 cents each the second day.   But our old camping cot  and folding chairs went for $10 total??!   I had a lot of Maurice's  shirts there too - again, some with tags on them that were relatively new and perfect condition, just too big - and they didn't sell either!    Our leaky electric chainsaw sold though - for $10 bucks (yes - I let them know it was leaking chain oil).   Whateves people!

• redhead-bedhead
    June 8 at 12:41 PM
    Love them! My grandma knows all about the best ones and we have made a few awesome finds.
  • coala
    by coala
    June 8 at 3:41 PM

LOVE them.....I don't go to them often because I spend money on stuff I don't need. 

We are however having one for our speed team again.  We are trying to raise money for our coach to get to Nationals.  We only have 2 skaters going and they are from the same family.  I feel like we did good with our last one...hoping to do good with this one too.

• suziejax
    June 8 at 10:34 PM

I love them to. It is such a great way to save $ big smile mini

• No_Difference
    June 9 at 7:16 AM

Our second day yesterday was an even bigger bust than the first day, with only 1 guy stopping, and then not buying anything. So it was a zero profit day. I saved some of the baby stuff for the neighbors who are expecting to look at since they didn't even come by to look, and I saved a bird house from my grandpa (its one of those huge ones that retails for over a few hundred dollars and I wasn't going under $50). Other than that, everything went to Goodwill. They can toss what they don't sell and then I won't feel guilty about it lol. Almost all that crap has been in my garage in boxes for 2-3 yeears...it was time for it to go. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN