Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Reina13
What do you think about using tablets?
by Reina13
June 2 at 1:50 PM

Do  your kids use tablets? What activities do they use them the most for?

We are looking into getting one for my son.

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    June 2 at 2:39 PM

We have two tablets, but they are not "theirs."  They use them, but they aren't responsible enough to use them without supervision.  We havea lot of educational games, we'll use spelling city this year, possibly brain pop.  They can be great tools, but there's also the possibility that it's just another game device.

• katyq
    by katyq
    June 2 at 2:49 PM

My son is just about 4 and he uses my ipad to do the "Reading Eggs" program, watch netflix kids here and there and some educational apps/drawing and painting apps.

• melindabelcher
    Mel
    June 2 at 3:48 PM

The kiddos play on my Nook HD. We have many apps on there for the kids. 

I wouldn't be opposed to having an appointed "school tablet"

• Molimomma
    June 2 at 4:48 PM

My son has an iPad mini. He has a bunch of Aps but his favorites are Teach me Kindergarten, the Reading Eggs and their Math ap, WordWorld, and the animated stories from Sandra Boyton(he has the matching books so he has memorized the story but likes that he can make the animals come alive on the iPad). He also likes Numbers with Nemo and the Sid the Science Kid ap. I just got him the Hooked on Phonics ap when it was free a few months ago but he's not used it very much just yet(he's only 4.5).

• bluerooffarm
    June 2 at 4:52 PM

My younger 2 use readingeggs.  My older one uses his tablet to read books, play math games, watch documentaries, etc.

I've found our tablets very valuable!

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 2 at 5:29 PM

D uses my tablet to play educational games and watch videos.  I think they can come in very handy and there are some great aps out there.

• AutymsMommy
    June 2 at 5:44 PM

For play or to supplement education, sure. I do not want them to do all, or even most, of their education on a screen, though.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    June 2 at 6:21 PM
    This...we do t have tablets but we do have two laptops we use for fun and education.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

For play or to supplement education, sure. I do not want them to do all, or even most, of their education on a screen, though.

• chotovec82
    June 2 at 7:46 PM
    My kids have a Click-N-Kidz tablet each. They use them for reading, educational games and of course regular gaming. I also have them use a few online supplements on their tablets as well.
  • Reina13
    by Reina13
    June 2 at 8:36 PM

I was thinking of Reading Eggs too and possibly some math aps. I like the idea of using it as a supplement and limit anything else.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN