Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BellaRose17
Individualized...but how much so?
May 15 at 11:16 PM

I have two (soon to be) first graders for which I plan on typing up IHIPs so we can start our very first year of homeschooling this September.

My only concern when typing up their IHIPs is that because they are in the same grade, the syllabus information (learning goals/expectations) will be the same and I will be using almost all of the same curriculum for each girl.

Will it be a problem if both IHIPs are almost identical? The only differences will be in the personalized information at the top and then the short introductary description of the way I plan to design each girl's learning experience based on their unique learning style and interests. All of the rest will be the same word-for-word (aside from maybe two primary textbook resources). I'm scared this will be a problem...will it?

I hope this question makes sense! :) I don't want to run into any problems with the state so I'm really trying to cover all my bases.

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    May 16 at 9:46 AM
    I don't know what an IHIP is,so I'll bump you.
  • BellaRose17
    May 16 at 9:58 AM

Lol thanks :) It stands for Individualized Home Instruction Plan...something that is required to send to the school district in my State =)

Quoting Leissaintexas: I don't know what an IHIP is,so I'll bump you.

• NYCitymomx3
    May 16 at 10:05 AM

No, it won't be a problem.  If they were in a public school classroom they would have the same syllabus, right?

• BellaRose17
    May 16 at 10:10 AM

Wonderful! Thank you :)

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

No, it won't be a problem.  If they were in a public school classroom they would have the same syllabus, right?

• hipmomto3
    May 16 at 2:33 PM

My thoughts as well.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

In fact, I have a 2nd and a 3rd grader this next year, and for many subjects their work will be exactly the same (history, geography, science). We don't have to do any paperwork in my state, but if we did, some of theirs would be identical.

I'd assume the state's goal (I hope) in making you do this is to ensure you do in fact HAVE a plan, at all. :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN