Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Precious333
job?
May 15 at 6:14 PM
Hey everyone,

I am prayinv about this, but I may need to get a job. We have 4 kids, dh works 12 hour shifts 5-6 days a week, trying to keep it at only 5 days and 10 hours, and he is paid salary. He doesnr do well with babies, so I fear leaving 4 kids, especially the baby (who is ebfed). Plus homeschooling.....i just dont know what else yo do.

Replies

• TidewaterClan
    May 17 at 11:55 AM

These are great ideas Tuffy!

I know a lady who paints house interiors.  She caters to senior women because they feel safer with her in their homes.

Kind of gross, but there's a local company that advertises on Craig's list to clean up dog poo.  They charge $11/visit for one dog per week, and $3/visit for each additional dog.

Quoting tuffymama: I make cakes and pies for a local restaurant. When ODS was little, my second job was bookkeeping for a small contracting firm, and I did that at night. A friend's Gfri cleans office buildings on the weekends. Ten years ago, my brother started a business cleaning medical offices on weekends and nights, and he's grown the business slowly. My old neighbor did laundry and ironing for a couple of lawyers that her sister works for. There's a mom here in town who runs all kinds of errands for working parents, and another mom started out as a pet sitter years ago and now has a flourishing business; she even partners with vets and groomers to provide full service. Meal planning and grocery shopping seems to be a need people have now that fewer families can afford a real housekeeper. I have an acquaintance who has done medical billing and transcription from home, and she preferred the billing. My mom worked a second job for years as a legal transcriptionist (she mainly did appeals but had to transcribe a few *disturbing* depositions, so bear that in mind). A friend's Little Brother is now grown but he started a mobile car detailing business in his senior year of high school, and he is still doing it right though college. I had a math tutor for a couple of middle school years who was a SAHM. I don't know if any of this can help directly, but maybe it can stoke the thought fires for you. Good luck! BTDT!

• pwrpffgurl
    May 17 at 12:19 PM

I am on the same page as you. I would like a part time job to add extra income to our household, but I too do not know where to apply? I've thought of deliverying the newspaper early in the morning, driving a local cab to make my own schedule and even selling avon or some other product from home. Honestly I am sorta scared, it has been about 4 years since I had a job at a retail store. And I have enjoyed being a stay at home mom, I love every minute of it, I'm afraid once I start to work the housekeeping will go down and I will resort to fast or frozen food. And I might not be as interested in romance, if you know what I mean :0)

• tuffymama
    May 17 at 12:51 PM
    That is a fantastic idea! I love painting and I'm really good at it, so I'm going to save that idea for myself! I have a very dear friend in Destin who started out doing the shopping for an elderly lady, then she began driving her to doctor appointments and scheduling in home health care and PT. Soon, she was taking care of the lady for three overnights a week, and it has become a new job for her as she has picked up clients. She makes meals and so on.
    OP, I know that's far more involvement than you can handle with little ones and homeschooling, but getting mail and picking up prescriptions, occasionally taking a meal and filling in the gaps that family cannot fill for an elderly lady would be a blessing to her and a way to make money. Is there a way you can pick up jobs like that through your church or advertise in your local food co-op?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I know a lady who paints house interiors.  She caters to senior women because they feel safer with her in their homes.

Kind of gross, but there's a local company that advertises on Craig's list to clean up dog poo.  They charge $11/visit for one dog per week, and $3/visit for each additional dog.

Quoting tuffymama: I make cakes and pies for a local restaurant. When ODS was little, my second job was bookkeeping for a small contracting firm, and I did that at night. A friend's Gfri cleans office buildings on the weekends. Ten years ago, my brother started a business cleaning medical offices on weekends and nights, and he's grown the business slowly. My old neighbor did laundry and ironing for a couple of lawyers that her sister works for. There's a mom here in town who runs all kinds of errands for working parents, and another mom started out as a pet sitter years ago and now has a flourishing business; she even partners with vets and groomers to provide full service. Meal planning and grocery shopping seems to be a need people have now that fewer families can afford a real housekeeper. I have an acquaintance who has done medical billing and transcription from home, and she preferred the billing. My mom worked a second job for years as a legal transcriptionist (she mainly did appeals but had to transcribe a few *disturbing* depositions, so bear that in mind). A friend's Little Brother is now grown but he started a mobile car detailing business in his senior year of high school, and he is still doing it right though college. I had a math tutor for a couple of middle school years who was a SAHM. I don't know if any of this can help directly, but maybe it can stoke the thought fires for you. Good luck! BTDT!

• Precious333
    May 17 at 7:37 PM
    These are great ideas!

Quoting tuffymama: That is a fantastic idea! I love painting and I'm really good at it, so I'm going to save that idea for myself! I have a very dear friend in Destin who started out doing the shopping for an elderly lady, then she began driving her to doctor appointments and scheduling in home health care and PT. Soon, she was taking care of the lady for three overnights a week, and it has become a new job for her as she has picked up clients. She makes meals and so on.
    OP, I know that's far more involvement than you can handle with little ones and homeschooling, but getting mail and picking up prescriptions, occasionally taking a meal and filling in the gaps that family cannot fill for an elderly lady would be a blessing to her and a way to make money. Is there a way you can pick up jobs like that through your church or advertise in your local food co-op?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

• dancingthrulife
    May 17 at 9:47 PM

in same situation. well my baby takes table foods.  and is 21 months.. im hunting and hunting for jobs that fit in this tiny window of time.. ;[ its so hard. my older gurls to ps, but im home w two lo's ...

• Precious333
    May 18 at 9:35 AM
    It is hard :( for me, mostly due to seperation anxiety (both ends lol). Anyways, I just talked todh and he said he cant watch the youngest so.young. So, I was thinking several things. i am going to have a yard sale, do a lemonade stand and also.sell lemons (we have a lemon tree). Dh also gets these nice wooden boxed where I would start a garden and sell the boxes with plants. Also, i am going to grow pumpkins and sell them in the fall. Maybe I will put an ad out to run errands for elderly people or working moms, anyone who needs it. Dh may start this taxi service. So, maybe between all of these we can earn some money :)

Quoting dancingthrulife:

in same situation. well my baby takes table foods.  and is 21 months.. im hunting and hunting for jobs that fit in this tiny window of time.. ;[ its so hard. my older gurls to ps, but im home w two lo's ...

• dancingthrulife
    May 18 at 11:49 AM

i am seeking still...(since i had my oldest 10 year ago) things i can do at home and make some cash. i have a gf with older boys..she works in a school as a aide pt and makes bottle lites for 20 a pice. they are very nice and she makes a design as ppl need/want. she also does craft fairs on wkend and sometimes makes 200 or more... lord i wish i was crafty...ive tired posting on diff resale sites i can babysit after school or all day for ppl w younger kids..but no bites. im not licensed. looking for outside retail work now. its nice if you can grow things and sell them later. we rent and i think the landlord will want us to leave soon. 

Quoting Precious333: It is hard :( for me, mostly due to separation anxiety (both ends lol). Anyways, I just talked to dh and he said he cant watch the youngest so.young. So, I was thinking several things. i am going to have a yard sale, do a lemonade stand and also.sell lemons (we have a lemon tree). Dh also gets these nice wooden boxed where I would start a garden and sell the boxes with plants. Also, i am going to grow pumpkins and sell them in the fall. Maybe I will put an ad out to run errands for elderly people or working moms, anyone who needs it. Dh may start this taxi service. So, maybe between all of these we can earn some money :)
    Quoting dancingthrulife:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts